Ok so almost a month ago I decided I wanted to try hydroponics. I looked up some stuff and wanted to try a DWC 5 gallon bucket system since it would fit in my room nicely. I started spinach and bell peppers in some jiffy peat pellets and after a few weeks I had some nice seedlings growing. I had everything setup bucket wise. The air pump, the tubing, water stone, lights, and some net cups I made out of red solo cups. After most of a month of growing in the peat pellets I decided I would try to move one of my peppers into the hydro system. I cleaned the peat off the roots the best I could under some gentle water and set it aside on a wet paper towel. I then began to mix my solution. I had found a recipe on a website using 1 tsp. Miracle grow plant food, 1/4 tsp. Calcium chloride, and 1/4 tsp. Epsom salts per gallon of water. I was using about 4 gallons of water so I mixed accordingly. I got my plant, net cup, and clay pebbles. I dangled the roots out the bottom of the cup so that they would barely be in the water. Then I filled in the clay pebbles to the dirt line of the pepper plant. The first two days it seemed to be doing fine. The next one leaf fell off, and the day after that I come home to the entire plant wilted and dying. I want to continue with hydroponics, but I have no idea what I did wrong. I'm hoping one of you hydro geniuses on here can guide me in the right direction.