Sobored
Newly Registered

What is this plant?

Hi everyone,

I am new to gardening so please forgive me if my question seems odd. I planted cucumber seeds 2 months ago in my garden and was happy to see several sprouts. However, now I am not sure if this is a cucumber plant. It's growing in the same area as my other cucumber plants that have yellow flowers. This plant has pink flowers and the leaves don't look like a cucumber plant.

Can anyone tell me what is this plant?
Attachments
14696592669361685823087.jpg

applestar
Mod

Re: What is this plant?

I'm thinking Horse Mint? Does it smell kind of spicy/minty when crushed? The stems are square, correct?

I have this growing -- It's a weed and will spread, but bees and butterflies love this plant, so you may want to let them grow in out of the way area.

...on second thought -- the leaves are wrong -- should be shield shaped. Does it have any scent when crushed?
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

motherwort. definitely not a cuke.

told2b

Motherwort.jpg
Second vote for Motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca).

applestar
Mod

I don't have that one.... :?
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

Sobored
Newly Registered

Thanks everyone. Definitely a motherwort.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

If you did not plant it, call it a weed and pull it out. If it has seed on it, it goes in the trash can. My definition of a weed: A plant out of place.
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”