I recently purchased a new house. There is a mystery pesticide sprinkled all over the garden area from the previous owner. My two year old son really wants to explore the back yard but I want to make sure he isn't harmed by whatever this is. We live next to a canal so I was thinking it may be something for mosquito abatement. There is a product called Mosquito Bits that looks like it may be what is out there. My questions are:
1. Can anyone help to identify what it might be based on the picture?
2. Do I need to keep my son away from common pesticides that are in the garden?
3. Is it safe to grow vegetables and eat them in the soil where this stuff is?
Thanks for your help!