cpott_3
Newly Registered

Please help!!! Plant/Tree identification needed

Hello all!

I'm super excited because I spotted a new growing in my yard and near one of my trees a few days ago. Unfortunately, I don't know what it is, so my curiosity has lead me here.

I live in the scorching heat of Texas and spotted the new growth in the root of my tree. Then, I saw the other growth just in my yard by itself. If anyone knows that it is please let me know. I'd like to keep it growing, but need to know what it is first. If I need to give you anymore information please let me know. Thank you!
Attachments
This is the tree that I have in my front yard. I didn't know if the new growth was from this tree or what. Does anyone know what this tree is called?
This is the tree that I have in my front yard. I didn't know if the new growth was from this tree or what. Does anyone know what this tree is called?
I saw this a few days ago too. This one is just growing in my yard.
I saw this a few days ago too. This one is just growing in my yard.
This was the first one I spotted. It is growing out of the root from the big tree in my yard.
This was the first one I spotted. It is growing out of the root from the big tree in my yard.

purpleinopp
Green Thumb

Re: Please help!!! Plant/Tree identification needed

Compare to Bradford pear.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

yep - looks like that's what the tree is, too. the little guys are root-suckers.

cpott_3
Newly Registered

Thank you! Looks like I'll be getting rid of the root suckers!

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

Yep, both plants are Bradford pear root suckers. Cut them off. The one in the middle of the yard came form a buried root.
When I wait 3 months for my mango seedling to sprout, and then it damps off.
:evil:

Return to “Plant Identification”