fabrizio
Newly Registered

question of zucchini type

Hello everyone, I wish introduce myself,

I am an Italian hobby-farmer of vegetable garden, i live in northern Italy - Lombardia. I have only little bit of land to grow (sorry if my english is elementary level) but I grow especially zucchini of many type (genovese, romano, trombetta ecc..). Which type of zucchini are there in your country ? what is it the name ?
Thank you for the information.

Fabrizio

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Re: question of zucchini type

Welcome to the forum! I LOVE hearing from growers in other parts of the world!

Thanks to great seed companies/importers here in the U.S. like "Seeds of Italy" (https://growitalian.com/), we're now able to grow a lot of the same vegetable varieties that you do.

Do you grow gold varieties of zucchini? Not yellow summer squash, but gold-colored zucchini. Those tend to be my favorites, & I've grown & enjoyed "Gold Rush" and "Butterstick" over the years. I also like the little round zucchini types, of which there are several varieties. Haven't grown them myself, but do enjoy buying them from our local farmers market.
My body is a temple. Unfortunately, it's a fixer-upper.

fabrizio
Newly Registered

I grown 3 tepy of zucchini: 1) zucchini genovese (green like grass) zucchini romano (green dark) zucchini trombetta ( green-grass but whit form like hook and clinbing, so i can use less graund, becouse the plant climb up fix the stick)

Moreover i can advise to grown zucchini whit mulching, infact i can say that this year i have got more and more zucchini and no weeds.

Sadly in Lombardia, in this days, is very hot and zucchini suffers a lot.
Bey Bey Fabrizio

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Zucchini here seems to love the heat. It's the Squash Borer pests that tend to do ours in. One has to cover them with sheer floating-row cover until pollination time, & then hope the plants can produce before the pests move in.
My body is a temple. Unfortunately, it's a fixer-upper.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”