InternationalGringo
Newly Registered

Cactus with a gash

Hi! Today while gardening, my father cut down a branch and it landed square on my cactus! It now has a gash down the side, and I was wondering if and how I can save it. For now I've moved it indoors where I can keep a closer eye on it.
Attachments
20150613_133257.jpg
From the top
From the top

Demosouthpaw
Cool Member

Re: Cactus with a gash

InternationalGringo wrote:Hi! Today while gardening, my father cut down a branch and it landed square on my cactus! It now has a gash down the side, and I was wondering if and how I can save it. For now I've moved it indoors where I can keep a closer eye on it.

Good evening OP,

Cacti are very resilient plants. Their entire structure has been highly modified to suit dry arid conditions. A small gash on the side of your plant is not going to hurt your plant any =) But never the less better to be safe than sorry, bringing your cacti indoor is fine for a day or two just remember that eventually your little guy will need to go outside so that it may photosynthesis more effectively. Just keep a close eye on the little guy, in a couple of days the wound should have healed over.

Hope this helps,

-Jonathan

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Re: Cactus with a gash

Yup - keep an eye on it, but it doesn't really need all that much indoor time. Don't know where you're located OP (which you should let us know in order to better help you), but chances are better than not that your cactus will heal over its wounds & be none the worse for it.
My body is a temple. Unfortunately, it's a fixer-upper.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”