strangehybrid90
Newly Registered

Pee Gee

I just took cuttings from a beautiful old white Pee Gee Hydrangea and planted them in accordence with instructions I found online. I took my 6 or so inch cuttings, took off the lower leaves, and planted them in a pot with a chopped-off soda bottle top.

Did I do it right, or is there a better way to propagate? I just successfully propagated stripey white/pink portulacas, but that seems to be the only thing I've got going for me...

It's a beautiful plant, I hope I can find some advice on making it grow.

-Mark

Grey
Greener Thumb

Any time I try cuttings with a new kind of plant, I try it a couple of ways. You can try it as you did it, plus one cutting with rooting hormone, one in sand, one in good potting soil, or, what I often do is just take a cutting, strip all but the top two leaves off of it, and set it in water on a windowsill that gets gentle light most of the day, with a little sun coming in either the morning or evening.

I do that a lot - maybe because I am in a rush far too often... but try many ways, see what works for you!

strangehybrid90
Newly Registered

Thanks, I think I'll go and get a few more cuttings and try other ways, I mean, one is bound to work...maybe...

Return to “Hydrangea Forum”