sephiroth
Newly Registered

i have an infestation problem with my dwarf alberta spruce

i recently got a small dwarf alberta spruce and some of the branches on the lower half were brown well actually most of the lower branches the lady at the store said that it was just a bit dry it seems she doesnt know alot about gardening since i just discovered that you can blame spider mites for the brown branches can someone tell me howw to get rid of these annoying arachnids? note: i can't do anything drastic like get some predator spiders or get insecticide seings as im only an 13 year old boy and not some old guy who has nothing to do so he spends his time gardening please help :(

sephiroth
Newly Registered

weird i tought at least one person would be able to answer this...

sephiroth
Newly Registered

???????????

am i in the wrong place or something? cuz so far 15 poeple have seen my topic and no one posted a reply...

opp2

Re: ???????????

sephiroth wrote:am I in the wrong place or something? cuz so far 15 poeple have seen my topic and no one posted a reply...
Be patient youngster. A lot of the adults on here only drop by every few days. You can't expect everyone to have all of the answers. It might not be spider mites, it could easily be dry soil. Did you do the spider test?

sephiroth
Newly Registered

oh

well no i didnt do the test but im pretty sure its mites since when i watered it to try to get rid of mites i saw a tiny spider crawl on the pot (i havent had the chance to plant it yet since im waiting for plant food) but then again the spider was green as apposed to red or black...

opp2

Re: oh

sephiroth wrote:well no I didnt do the test but im pretty sure its mites since when I watered it to try to get rid of mites I saw a tiny spider crawl on the pot (I havent had the chance to plant it yet since im waiting for plant food) but then again the spider was green as apposed to red or black...
Try holding a piece of three ring paper under the branches and rustling them a little. If you see tiny specks moving around on the paper you have spider mites..if not you have a different issue with your tree...

sephiroth
Newly Registered

WOOHOO

:D :D :D :D WOOHOO TODAY I WOKE UP TO FIND THAT MY DWARF ALBERTA SPRUCE IS GROWING SOME NEW NEEDLES ON THE BRANCHES THAT WERE TOTALLY DESERTED WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Perennials”