br89
Newly Registered

Help! Wilting Pineberries

Hello everyone - new to the community and hoping to seek some advice in your friendly expertise.

I'm in the US, trying to grow pine berries. They've just started flowering but moved to a new home. I'm in an apartment with West facing sun and an overhang on the a balcony that doesn't allow for perfectly direct light.

The last several days have been rainy and dark and my plants are wilting. I can't tell if its from the moisture around (the overhang prevented direct rain) or the lack of sun.

The wilting seems to be getting worse and some of the flowers are losing their white color.

Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated! Thanks!

JONA878
Greener Thumb

Just a couple br89.
Pine berries are just a very early form of strawberry and suffer the same problems as their sisters.
They do like good light and although they need good moisture they will not tolerate being kept in damp conditions where they never dry our. This puts them in serious risk of developing mildew , phytophthora , and botrytis rots.
So water early in the day so your plants can dry out before night fall. If you can apply a fungal spray...do so.
It may be just from their movement...but better to be safe and sure.

br89
Newly Registered

Jona,

Thanks for your reply! I'll water earlier in the day before they get their sun. Really hoping the cloud coverage lets up soon, they need some light.

Any particular type of fungal spray you suggest?

JONA878
Greener Thumb

Can't suggest anything from this side of the pond
..check at your local garden centre.

Return to “All Other Fruit”