deani_re
Newly Registered

Help me with Cucumbers and Beets!

Hello all! New to the Helpful Gardener website, and figured you may all be able to help me! I have just planted a raised bed, nice sized one, I used seafood compost which works miracles in my uncle's gardens... I planted cukes, beets, carrots, and tomatoes just a while ago... I started the toms and cukes indoors, they were gorgeous plants, now they have been in the ground for about 3 weeks, and are only developing thier third leaf... the tomatoes look nice, the cukes and beets are just STARING at me! I put a little 15-10-10 around them to aide in growth, but still nothing.... have any good ideas for boosting them to grow??? Thanks to you all! ~ Nadine ~

Gardener Don
Cool Member

Deani,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have prepared your soil right and I am betting your plants are waiting for the right amount of temperature to kick in. You might want to ask your uncle since he lives in the area and is experienced in raising veggies in your region. Best of Luck, keep us posted. Gardener Don

IrisPrincess

Hi! I might not be of much help, but I did notice when my cucumbers were just starting out, they kind of just stopped growing(though they still looked alive and healthy) so I started "drowning" them as I call it and they sprung up like a weed! Good luck!

~IP~

StormyWinter
Newly Registered

IrisPrincess wrote:Hi! I might not be of much help, but I did notice when my cucumbers were just starting out, they kind of just stopped growing(though they still looked alive and healthy) so I started "drowning" them as I call it and they sprung up like a weed! Good luck!

~IP~
I noticed the same thing with mine. Mine just stopped growing so I watered them more than anything else, and they sprouted like crazy after that. They say they like well drained soil but mine didn't seem that way.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”