Adr
Newly Registered

Strange fruit-identification (tangerine like)

Can someone please tell me what is this:

It have taste like tangerine.

applestar
Mod

Re: Strange fruit-identification (tangerine like)

Looks like kumquats. They have thin edible skin that is sweet -- you eat the fruit whole, skin and all.

You can also make kumquat infused honey by pouring boiling water over while kumquats in a colander, then filling a jar with them and covering with honey. Delicious in tea and said to be great for sore throat remedy.
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

imafan26
Mod

The kumquat fruit is sour and the skin is sweet. It is good if it is candied or made into jam. Usually I eat the skin and throw away the fruit.
Happy gardening in Hawaii. Gardens are where people grow.

Adr
Newly Registered

applestar wrote:Looks like kumquats. They have thin edible skin that is sweet -- you eat the fruit whole, skin and all.

You can also make kumquat infused honey by pouring boiling water over while kumquats in a colander, then filling a jar with them and covering with honey. Delicious in tea and said to be great for sore throat remedy.
When i tried to find some info of this fruit on the internet i finded Kumquats ( i find it most simmilar to this ) but i reject that because description did not match (at least i was think that until i taste it again now and found it somekind salty (special if you eat them with skin).

Thank you for a quick answer ;)

Return to “FRUIT FORUM”