I bought this bonsai from Byerly's but I have no idea what type of bonsai it is, or how to care for it properly. Sorry if I'm asking basic questions (and so many), I've never owned a bonsai before and got worried when a few needles started turning brown so I decided to go to you guys since you're the experts!
1. What type of tree is my Bonsai? They said it was some type of evergreen bonsai, but I didn't get an exact answer on what kind.
2. How much water does this Bonsai need and how many times per week? I have no idea how much water I should give it. I don't want to over water and kill it so I left it alone for two days until I noticed some needles dying.
3. Does the pot its in look good? When should I get it a bigger pot?
4. Does the soil and layout look good? Does it need any moss or more rocks.. What should the base around the Bonsai look like?
5. How much light does it need? Does it have to be full spectrum?
6. Is it more of an outdoor plant? I read some bonsai should be outside unless it's like a snowstorm.
7. How do your prune an evergreen bonsai?
Also I'm planning on keeping it in the kitchen (if it's an indoor) since my cockatiel isn't able to have plant soil near her because the fungus it may contain can kill her. So would the kitchen fumes harm the bonsai? Thanks guys!!
The lighter colored needle is what I assume to be a dying part.