Hydrogardener
Cool Member

Inexpensive nutrients

I have used this for lettuce and other crops that can thrive without a great deal of nutrients. It works just fine. I suggest you start with half of what they recommend and adjust as needed though.

"The University of Florida recommends that 2 tsp. of a good commercial fertilizer, such as Miracle-Gro, be added to every gallon of water used in a hydroponic system. The University of Florida also recommends adding 1 tsp. of Epsom salts to every gallon of water to complete the hydroponic formulation."
https://hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Halfway
Green Thumb

Re: Inexpensive nutrients

How is the cleanup? Does it produce scale?
Zone 4a.

zeromilefarms
Newly Registered

How much does it work out to per gallon? I have it down to 6 cents per gallon and I am probably giving adding way to much for lettuce.

*dim*
Cool Member

Hydrogardener wrote:I have used this for lettuce and other crops that can thrive without a great deal of nutrients. It works just fine. I suggest you start with half of what they recommend and adjust as needed though.

"The University of Florida recommends that 2 tsp. of a good commercial fertilizer, such as Miracle-Gro, be added to every gallon of water used in a hydroponic system. The University of Florida also recommends adding 1 tsp. of Epsom salts to every gallon of water to complete the hydroponic formulation."
wonder if the university was 'sponsored' by miracle gro?

jokes aside, there are much better nutrients than miracle gro, that work out a lot cheaper, especially if you foliar feed ... (4ml per litre of water)

look at stuff like Biobizz fishmix, Biobizz alga-mic, Advanced nutrients iguana juice grow etc .... I use these as a foliar feed .... these are all all aimed/marketed to the medical cannabis sector, but knocks the socks off any of the other 'commerical crap' and well worth the money spent IMHO
Spend sixpence on the plant but a shilling on the hole - Anon

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”