I have attached a picture. I don't know where to start with my bank/slope garden problem?
On my bank/slope garden I have the following problems:
1) I have everything growing that I don't want: grass, weeds, in some areas trees sprouting up that I didn't plant.
2) Everything looks dead and dull. I can literally water it like crazy, and still there will be no life.
3) There are dirt patches all over where is some growth of random stuff and then patches of dirt where nothing grows.
So where do I start? I was thinking about just pulling everything out of the bank so that there is nothing left but soil. Right now, there is nothing on it that is currently valuable. It's just random stuff growing.
But my guess as to why nothing grows is the soil has no nutrients? What's a good way to introduce nutrients into the soil? Do I throw miracle grow on it?
Maybe I should run a tiller up and down it to turn the soil? Then add some type of fertilizer?
The bank/slope garden now has a new irrigation system. I've tried watering it for 2 months to see what happens...really nothing grows but weeds, grass, and everything else.
So what should my first steps be to start fresh and start over? I would like to make my bank/slope garden have life and look much better.
It's been suggested that I do the following so far:
1) Send in a soil sample test
2) While waiting for the soil sample test results, use RoundUp to kill everything on the bank/slope.
3) Wait for 30 days for everything to die.
4) Then follow the suggestions made from the soil sample lab results.