Smallgardener

White Tomatos

I am thinking about getting some White tomatos. Has anyone tried them? Do they taste good?

turfdr
Newly Registered

I plan on trying them as well. I wondered the same thing.
turfdrpa

applestar
Mod

I'm going to try growing Polish Cream Sausage, Snow White, White Queen, and White Zebra. Adding White Tomesol if I can get seeds.

Cream Sausage is the only one I've grown before, but production was low because I didnt realize hw short it was going to be. It got overwhelmed by adjacent varieties. I'll knw to plant in front of the bed or in containers this time.

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

I have grown Snow white and Dr Carolyn and they were both very good.

prettygurl

I saw the Italian Ice cherry. I have too much new stuff this year, maybe next.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

From what I hear White Tomesol is a must grow and maybe one of the best.

Apple ask Blane or Darth for some seed of White Tomesol. Here is a pic

I have only grown Coeur de Boeuf Blanc myself, and Snow White, a cherry. They were both pretty good, the cherry was good and sweet, CDBB was a big heart paste. This year I will be growing one called Weapons of Mass Destruction (white sport). You will not find this anywhere though so don't look.

Not a huge fan of whites myself.

If you would like some seed Pm me smallgardener. 8) I can't give out any WOMD (white sport) though. This is still a work in progress actually just found last year.

Smallgardener

Thanks, SGT, but I think I am going to get some of the Italian Ice cherrys.
I am needing a cherry tomato anyway to round out my Hybrids. this year it will be. Brandy Boy, Mortgage lifter, Fourth of July, Rutgers and Italian Ice Cherry. I am starting to realize there are more tomatoes than I thought.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I have seeds to a few white varieties but have yet to try them.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

My opinion of "white" tomatoes is that they are generally tasteless. Almost all are like the photo above: light yellow rather than white. White Queen is the lightest I have grown. If you are growing for a novelty, go for it. If you want tomatoes with flavor pick another.
Paul F

BigDgardengal
Newly Registered

I have grown White Tomesol as well, quite a few years ago. I think all white tomatoes are milder tasting, but they can also add pretty contrast when slicing in a salad.
gixxerific wrote:From what I hear White Tomesol is a must grow and maybe one of the best.

Apple ask Blane or Darth for some seed of White Tomesol. Here is a pic

I have only grown Coeur de Boeuf Blanc myself, and Snow White, a cherry. They were both pretty good, the cherry was good and sweet, CDBB was a big heart paste. This year I will be growing one called Weapons of Mass Destruction (white sport). You will not find this anywhere though so don't look.

Not a huge fan of whites myself.

If you would like some seed Pm me smallgardener. 8) I can't give out any WOMD (white sport) though. This is still a work in progress actually just found last year.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”