I bought a bunch of impatiens for the container garden that I just set up. Most of them have wilted. And I think that some of them might be dead at this point with no point of recovery. I'm planning on replacing them, but I have a few questions on what I might have done wrong.
1) Does hard water make a difference with impatiens?
2) How many should you have in a 12 to 16 quart pot?
3) Could having to retransplant the plants after realizing that I might have overpotted the plants caused severe transplant shock?
4) How hoard are the perrenial versions of impatiens to take care of versus the annual versions?
5) Could Miracle Gro have killed the impatiens?
Any help is appreciated.