midlands 2302
Newly Registered

what is wrong ?

I have a small tree that was transplanted at the end of last year. It now has a spot on the leaves and the leaves are beginning to die and drop, what could it be and does anyone know if it can be treated? It is a rusty brown colour, Sorry do not know what type of tree it is as previous homeowner originally planted it.

Thankyou

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I don't know that anyone can help you without knowing what kind of tree. Since you don't know, post a couple pictures (at least one of the whole tree and one close up of the leaves)--instructions for posting pictures here are in New to Helpful Gardener under Helpful Tips and Suggestions for New Members. Likely someone here will be able to ID it for you. In order to take care of it, you really need to know.

Please also include a bit more information about conditions the tree is in -- what has your weather been like (very hot? very dry or very rainy? etc), is it in full sun, do you water it, fertilize it, etc.

Welcome to the Forum! Hope we can help you out.
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

midlands 2302
Newly Registered

ok thanku ill see what i can do regarding pictures

rainbowgardener wrote:I don't know that anyone can help you without knowing what kind of tree. Since you don't know, post a couple pictures (at least one of the whole tree and one close up of the leaves)--instructions for posting pictures here are in New to Helpful Gardener under Helpful Tips and Suggestions for New Members. Likely someone here will be able to ID it for you. In order to take care of it, you really need to know.

Please also include a bit more information about conditions the tree is in -- what has your weather been like (very hot? very dry or very rainy? etc), is it in full sun, do you water it, fertilize it, etc.

Welcome to the Forum! Hope we can help you out.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”