sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

anyone grow/have "rich sweetness 132 melon"?

Is it suitable for my shorter growing season? I noticed Baker Creek is out of stock. Do you know of any other place to acquire these seeds? I only need a couple, so a small seed packet is ok.

gardenvt
Green Thumb

Sheeshshe, I bought mine at Baker Creek in early January and have some to share if you are interested.

I'm in Vermont and plan to grow them on a trellis.

Check your private messages.

auna
Newly Registered

gardenvt - I would also be interested in a few Rich Sweetness 132 seeds. :) If you have a few extra I am thinking I would only need like 5. Thanks!

gardenvt
Green Thumb

I have shared these with several people so I have just enough for our garden.

auna
Newly Registered

I understand. :) I thought it would not hurt to ask. My almost 3 year old is CRAZY for the color orange (he even wears orange glasses - LOL), he picked these melons out in the catalog and I just waited to long to order these. Lesson learned, I will buy earlier next year. For now I bought him some of the Jelly melons they have and they turn orange when ripe. Hopefully they will be just as much fun for him. Happy gardening!!!

gardenvt
Green Thumb

What about Tigger melon? It is small and orange and the name alone should make any child want to grow them. Baker Creek had those also.

auna
Newly Registered

Now how did I miss those!? Thanks for the heads up, I will check them out and call to add them to my order I placed this morning. Thanks much! - Aunalise

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”