jracoon
Newly Registered

Bandini Topsoil or Compost

I can no longer find Bandini products in the Phoenix, AZ area. Has anyone found a good substitute for their Topsoil/conditioner/compost. I have tried several others and found them to sprout legions of weeds or not have the same fertilizing, moisture holding, root protection or general soil conditioning as the inexpensive Bandini red and white bags. Help :cry:

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

You can make your own for free, just use hot composting techniques. This will kill any weed seeds.

jracoon
Newly Registered

Thanks for the response, you're right. I wish I had room to make my own. Years ago we did in another location. Now I have a hard time finding a place to store a few unused flower pots. I also need large amounts of compost at one time. For me to use 30 bags or more is not unusual, and I do this three to four times a year.

Hope someone out there is using a commercial product with no weeds.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

I'm guessing that you have already asked around at your local nurseries and what not?

There is a product in Canada called: SEA SOIL, I'm not sure if they ship to the United States though. I think that there might be some products on our site that you can try as well. Try pming our webmaster about such products.

Return to “Composting Forum”