hutch
Newly Registered

Mystery plant

Hello - a mystery plant has appeared in my garden!!! the first 18" of this plant looks like a lily stem and then quite a number of branches covered in green buds have appeared - these have been on for quite sometime and do not look as they are going flower. It is now approx 4/5ft high. I would like to move it to another part of the garden but not sure how high it will grow or what area I should put it in - any help would be appreciated. [/img]

applestar
Mod

I'm thinking spider lily which sends up bare flowering shoots in autumn.... If that's what it is, then it grows from bulb and I'm pretty sure is best dug up and moved after flowering or in spring before any growth starts.

hutch
Newly Registered

applestar wrote:I'm thinking spider lily which sends up bare flowering shoots in autumn.... If that's what it is, then it grows from bulb and I'm pretty sure is best dug up and moved after flowering or in spring before any growth starts.
I've looked up spider lily in books and sorry but it does'nt appear to be like the plant in my garden - it has loads of buds on the branches (about a dozen or so) but as these have been on for ages I don't think anything will come of them. Also there is about 12 or more branches on the plant. But many thanks for your reply.

BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

Hi Hutch Posting a photo of the plant in question can help us I.d it alot quicker and more accurately. If you aren't sure how to post a photo you can easily post one by following these simple steps.

How to Post Pictures on a Forum

Go to Photobucket.com or any other photo sharing site then:

1. Register a free account with them. Don't bother entering your cell phone number if they ask for that.

2. Go back to the PhotoBucket home page and click the button that says upload.

3. Click the browse button to browse for the image on your computer then upload it.

4. Look in the lower left hand corner, a thumbnail of your image should be there with a box labled IMG. Copy this code and paste it directly into your post here on this forum.
Confusion at its Finest :D
I'm rooting for you!

*USDA Zone 8b :: Sunset Zone ?*
https://bewilderedgreeny.weebly.com/

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”