Kristof
Newly Registered

Where I can find the tool to dig those holes?

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this forum. My name is Kris.
About 6 months ago I bought a house. Since then I have a problem with the water standing on my yard for 2-3 days after rainfall. The problem is caused by a clay soil.
I was trying to find a cheap way to get this fix somehow and one day I was watching a gardening TV show. They have showed how to fix this kind of problem. What they did is that they have used a tool (looks like a drill bit but about 6' long) with about 4" dia. and they drill by hands a couple holes in the spot where the water stand most of the time.The holes where deep enough so they go through the clay soil over to the yellow sand.Then they pour some landscaping rocks into those holes. That way the water can go down all the way to the yellow sand.
Do you guys now where I can purchase a similar tool? The idea sounds great to me to dig those holes.
Or maybe you know other cheap way to fix the standing water?

Thank You

applestar
Mod

Have you tried a local Rental store? Taylor Rental is all over the place around here and they have most landscaping tools available to rent, as well as party goods, etc.

shadowsmom

You can rent all types/sizes of augers. We rented one when we put in our fence posts. I am on a lot of rock and had to rent the heavy duty auger, but you might be able to get away with something smaller.

Let me know if it does help the drainage problem. I may need to go rent the auger again.

Kristof
Newly Registered

Okay. I will let you know as soon as I drill those holes.
Thank You

Return to “Lawn Care”