Smokenator
Newly Registered

Best Bush Tomatoes

Hi all! I am new here and have a question about bush tomatoes. I bought some Best Bush plants and want to know a few things... Can I plant in a Topsy Turvey container? Also, how tall do they get?

Any assistance sure would be great, thanks!

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Height will depend on growing conditions, four foot will be a big plant. I'm not sure how they would do in a Topsy Turvey because they have a stout stem which would resist being pulled down by its own weight, but I think it would do fine. Definitely a better choice than a full sized variety...a better chance to get high production.

filmnet

Topsy Turyy

Me also, i want to put a green grapes plants in one, the plants of them are small now, will not grow last my other plants inside, tomorrow i am putting plants in the dirt. And i have some dwarf plants also, Tiny Tim, Czech bush,and Siberian plants, are these too small for a Topsy?

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

A Topsy Turvey for Tiny Tim would probably be overkill, the other two would do fine. In general you don't want to plant large varieties in containers unless they are really big containers. The bigger the container is the less work for the gardener trying to keep up with watering.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”