wolfie

Put 11 Tom plants in the ground

These were some of my extras, I am not sure how cold it's going to get tonight so hopefully all will be well....

Also, not sure how much sun this area is going to get, it's a new area I am planting in so we will see...

Wish me luck!
Shan -
Who is learning to garden and loving every minute of it!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Good luck. I have been giving my extras away. I'm off tomorrow so take a wild guess what I will be doing.

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Good luck!

I know you further down south, we had 31F this morning, what was the night temps where you at?

Regards,
D

Sammie04
Newly Registered

Wow, that's great. I hope to get mine in the ground the end of May or the first of June. My frost date is May 18 th but it still is only about 5C in the evening. So I don't want to rush it. Are your tomatoes mid season types 75 days types?
My dad gave me a great gift in teaching me to to garden at a young age. Thanks dad

jmoore

Good luck!

I got two Better Boys I started from seed in the ground about 10 days ago. They are looking good. I finished a new bed on the side of the house Saturday. Going in there are two other Better Boys I started, and a Roma and some sort of purple heirloom I bought at Lowes. It will be interesting to see how they all do. This is my first try with tomatos in the ground. I tried the Topsy Turvy last year and after an initial flourish, it pretty much didn't do anything.

wolfie

DV it was about 40 last night I think. I put the pots over them and they seemed fine this morning. Then when I checked tonight, they looked good as well.

Supposed to be 70s in the day and high 40s in the night down here for this week.

I am thinking about putting the other 16 you gave me plus some others in the ground wed between work and my class....
Shan -
Who is learning to garden and loving every minute of it!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”