scoobdoob808

SNOW???

Just wondering if anyone else here in Idaho (at least southeastern) is having any trouble getting their gardens ready for veggies. We have another 2 inches of snow this morning and I am so bummed about not being able to work in the yard. ANy ideas of what to do to get rid of this cabin fever.

We have so much to do outside, like #1 making our new garden area as our neighbor built a huge shop and blocked all of our sun from that side of the yard. I am just starting to get depressed thinking I may not be able to have a garden this year, if the weather does not shape up.

mtmickey

Try to relax. I'm in Montana and also woke up to snow this a.m. After spending the day yesterday uppotting my tomatoes. The gardening bug bites hard, but we still have another month here before we get to even think about planting outside. I spend my time reading the forums, gardening magazines, books and making plans for the summer. I also spend a LOT of time walking around the yard and checking out all the perennials that are coming up. Right now have daffodils budding and one very close to blooming, even though there is snow. It's really tough reading how everybody else is putting their tomatoes out, but eventually you will get to, as well and life will be great. :lol: It's hard not to be impatient. :roll: Tend to some houseplants. :D

scoobdoob808

I know I need to just chill out. I should know Idaho is always like this. Thanks for the words of wisdom to just calm down. :lol:

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

We got a foot of snow on April 1 and another 7.25 inches this morning. I garden at 5000 ft elevation, and this is not really unusual. April storms often come as snow. It should melt quickly when the sun comes out. I am like you though, wanting to get started.

[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/april_sno.jpg[/img]
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

So far so good, no snow in April here in South Dakota. The past two / three years we have gotten snow, but this year its warming up fast it seems.
Why buy produce when you can grow it?
-Nick

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”