mommybusybee
Newly Registered

To Humidify or Not to Humidify?

Hi guys. I'm fairly new to gardening (indoor/outdoor), so bear with me if I'm asking silly questions. :)

I've been getting into indoor bonzai set-ups lately and I'm thinking of investing my time and money into a new pet project. Only problem is, the project I'm going for is primarily indoor and decorative -- and I use humidifiers constantly.

I've always had breathing problems, so my studio apartment has my trusty [url=https://www.aprilairehumidifierparts.com/]Aprilaire Humidifier[/url]. Anyway, it's very powerful and I'm wondering if it's going to have an adverse effect on my bonzai plants. I don't want to ruin all of my hard work, but I also don't want to "not breathe." Have any of you guys ever come across a situation like this? O__O;

mommybusybee
Newly Registered

Another thing I should mention is that my apartment is dry. Like .....REALLY dry. Think that would effect it as well? :P

Victrinia Ridgeway

Your first post seems to contradict your second... however a really dry enviornment would have a negative impact on an temperate species bonsai which generally comes from an area with high humidity. But some of that can be off-set with humidity trays and daily misting, which I would do even if you are humidifying the house, as that will not match the humidity levels prefered by temperate trees.

Kindest regards,

Victrinia
La belle cose prendono tempo... (Beautiful things take time...)

mommybusybee
Newly Registered

I was afraid of that, actually.
I didn't mean to contradict myself. I was just curious to know if a dry environment would effect it as well as a VASTLY humid one.
Sorry for the confusion. ^^;

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”