dahlia94040
Newly Registered

Need help to search for gardening/leaf cart

My mother in law has a leaf collection cart that she loves. She can't seem to be able to find replacement tires and hasn't been successful looking for another cart like it. She likes it because it's sturdy. I'll try to describe it but a picture is worth a thousand word. https://picasaweb.google.com/dahlia94040/GardeningCart#

The cart is an upright cart. Imagine a dolly like cart but with two handles. It's made of steel (?) and it has a rectangular shaped bar in the front to hang the bag from. Underneath is a rectangular flat basket to help support the bottom of the bag. The handles point straight back so that you can push down to tilt the cart. I don't know the manufacturer but know that it was made in England. Can anyone point me to a place (on the web that is) where I can buy something like this for her? The only one that I've found that's a little similar is made by Vertex but the stand itself is some type of plastic and the reviews have not been that good.

webmaster
Site Admin

I took a look through Amazon but couldn't find the exact cart in the photo. To be honest, that equipment resembles an industrial item, something not sold to the public.

Nevertheless, I did find on Amazon a [url=https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_automotive?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tools&field-brandtextbin=Tricam]company that sells replacement tires for wagons and carts[/url]. The catch though is to identify the size of the axle, how thick it is, and how large the tire is, i.e. ten inch or eight inch etc. then match it to what's on sale. So if you want to order from them, take off the tire and go find what bore size it is, as well as tire size and you should be able to find the replacement.

An alternative that might be easier is to simply remove the tire and bring it to a local hardware store. Someone there may be able to at the very least identify the bore for you and if they carry the tire can sell it to you. There are a number of good stores in the SF Bay area. In San Francisco I know of one in Noe Valley called Tuggys, and there's a Fox/Cole hardware on fourth street between Mission and Market, and there's another good store over on Mission and Duboce. And of course there is the box store in Emeryville, Home Depot, and a hardware store on University Avenue in Berkeley, near the campus.

dahlia94040
Newly Registered

Thanks for your tips. My father in law has searched around for tire replacement locally but has had no luck. They live in Ohio so I won't be able to sneak off with the tires. I sent him the link to the Amazon site. Maybe he can find one that will fit.

applestar
Mod

In my area, Tractor Supply Co. is a chain farm supply store that I would probably try going for a tire/wheel like that. They have an entire aisle devoted to them.

dahlia94040
Newly Registered

Thanks Applestart. I went to the Tractor Supply Co. online store. There's no way to search for parts unless you know the part number or model number. I don't know if they have a store near Youngstown, OH where my in laws live. I'll have to check with my father in law.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”