staciirmt
Newly Registered

Help! I'm killing my Arelia Tree

I have had an Arelia Tree for a year and a half. It has always sat in the same spot and I haven't changed anything about its care. However, all the leaves are wilted and entire branches are just falling off the trunk!!! Someone please help me save this tree....it has a lot of sentimental value. I just want to cry when i look at it!!!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

What's changed that it hasn't been through before? Watering? Heat source? Could be the soil is depleted. Have you ever repotted? Fertilized?

Picture maybe?

:?

HG

staciirmt
Newly Registered

i can't think of one thing that's changed. i keep it at work on my desk. this morning when i came in it was soooooooo horrible!!! i decided i had nothing to lose so i moved it to another desk, closer to a window. I'm wondering if it was too close to a heat vent? it sat in the same spot last winter though. i also gave it some superthrive on friday. how often does it need to be replanted? what kind of soil do i use and how do i do it? sorry for all the questions.....this plant is just so important to me. my boyfriend (at the time) had taken me to the japanese gardens in dallas and then bought me this plant the next week as a surprise. this plant MUST live!!! thank you so much for all your help!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

OK Staci, soak the tree in a basin of warm water (right to the rimm of the pot). Drain it well and then get it back in indirect bright light. Look carefully for bugs or fungus; anything different in the soil or on the tree. Not much to go on here; a picture would help a LOT...

HG

staciirmt
Newly Registered

hey....thanks so for all your help! i will try soaking it....how long should i do that? i will try to get a pic in the next couple days to post....

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

About an hour...

Look forward to a pic...

Scott

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”