blackhawks1
Newly Registered

Autumn blaze maple

I was thinking of getting one of these and located one at a local home center. The tag on the tree says 40 tall by 20 wide. Everything I've seen on the web says 50 tall by 40 wide. Space is a consideration for me. What should I believe. :roll:

valleytreeman

Re: Autumn blaze maple

blackhawks1 wrote:I was thinking of getting one of these and located one at a local home center. The tag on the tree says 40 tall by 20 wide. Everything I've seen on the web says 50 tall by 40 wide. Space is a consideration for me. What should I believe. :roll:
Believe what you see on the web and maybe even then some in the right location. The tag is greatly underestimating the eventual size.

blackhawks1
Newly Registered

Thanks for the information. I will have to look at another option. I would still love to get a colorful maple in my yard somewhere though!

MagnoliaMan
Cool Member

Treeman is right

It does depend on your location, but this tree is a big one. Here in south central KS the KS Forest Services' tree list says 50-60' height, 40-50' width. Fast grower, shallow roots!

valleytreeman

Other maple options

Something like a trident maple or one of the standard Japanese maples might fit the bill.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”