dandefine79
Newly Registered

just wanted to say hi!! newbie from TN

I have a elephant ear that is almost dead, I heard that they have to be dormant during the winter but I also saw that you can keep them alive. Mine has been a house plant since I bought it at a local store, however it has been sickly since my cat attacked it. It had 3 leaves she killed two of them a new one came out and then it just started turning orange and looked like it was molding and then the other leaf finally colapsed so i put it in the garage. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I have always had house plants and for the most part they do well but I have never had a elephant ear before and seems like I am having no luck!!! also does anyone have a solution for pesky gnats that won 't go away. tried bug spray sudsy dish water and insecticides nothing is killing them off!!!!!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

See if this link provides you with the information you need:

https://www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/aamg/bulbs/elephanear.html

Tailor
Newly Registered

Elephant ear response

I am not sure I would leave the plant in the garage, most Taro (elephant ears) need at least filtered sunlight. If it is warm where you are take the plant outside, I am not sure they will do well recovering inside. Do you know what variety it is?

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”