techlawgardener

Early Harvest Pictures

Hi All:

I'm very excited about our production so far this year. We've got ripe fruit on about half of the plants, and yesterday's harvest was awesome:

[img]https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2439/3758530725_e5ac40187e.jpg[/img]

It inspired a nice lunch of beautiful slicers (In clockwise order, that's White Oxheart, Thessoloniki, Ananas Noir, Kentucky Beefsteak, Brandywine Red Lantis, Green Zebra, and Black Krim. All delicious.):

[img]https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3428/3758528057_fea73447fa.jpg[/img]

Anyone else have pictures to share?

SP8
Green Thumb

Very colourful little harvest there, well done!

techlawgardener

I must, say, I'm quite proud!

:wink:

codyjp

how many plants did you get all that from? Was it just one plant of each variety or was it several?

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

So pretty! I love the different colors and shapes. Congratulations! No ripe fruit here, but I did a count and I have over 100 tomatoes growing on 23 plants. I'm over eager for some ripeness but nothing yet!!

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Great looking harvest, love the varieties! Well done!

Kentucky Beefsteak - how would you rate/describe the taste/flavor?

Regards,
D

SP8
Green Thumb

petalfuzz wrote:So pretty! I love the different colors and shapes. Congratulations! No ripe fruit here, but I did a count and I have over 100 tomatoes growing on 23 plants. I'm over eager for some ripeness but nothing yet!!
That figure seems incredibly low.

What variety(s) are you growing?

I'm waiting for the last dozen to ripen up on my 1 Reggae Roma Plant which so far has produced over 60 tomatoes.

PennyG

What a colorful bunch you've got there.

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

SP8 wrote:
petalfuzz wrote:So pretty! I love the different colors and shapes. Congratulations! No ripe fruit here, but I did a count and I have over 100 tomatoes growing on 23 plants. I'm over eager for some ripeness but nothing yet!!
That figure seems incredibly low.

What variety(s) are you growing?

I'm waiting for the last dozen to ripen up on my 1 Reggae Roma Plant which so far has produced over 60 tomatoes.
Yes, it's true. Some of my plants only have 1 or 2 tomatoes on them. I've got 9 varieties going and I'm just happy I'll get any fruit at all with the weather being so weird this year!! I looked up my count from last year and I got over 30 tomatoes per plant--this year is a total junk shoot!

techlawgardener

codyjp wrote:how many plants did you get all that from? Was it just one plant of each variety or was it several?
The plate has 7 varieties from 7 different plants.

The total harvest is from our garden, which has 34 plants, each a different variety, some of which have yet to bear ripe fruit. But we're getting closer every day...

techlawgardener

Duh_Vinci wrote:Great looking harvest, love the varieties! Well done!

Kentucky Beefsteak - how would you rate/describe the taste/flavor?

Regards,
D
I would rate it very high -- great yield, healthy plant, medium acidity and sweet with a hint of smokiness. It's in the top 5 of my husband's and my favorites so far.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Nice little assortment you have there. I must try some exotic varieties next year. Something other than the normal choices at Lowe's or Home Depot. All my plants except the Roma Grapes have went into remission. :cry:

Dono

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”