mngrdngrl

Two Teeny Tiny Peppers

Wow it ain't no joke that peppers are slow growers! I thought I had done something wrong with them when I transplanted them weeks ago. They just didn't seem to move or do anything. Now I just noticed two teeny tiny jalepenos right at the top. I moved them to another window just to make sure that they can get as much light as my apartment will allow them to get but I am soooooooooooo excited. It only takes little things to get me that way see....

[img]https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/apb1172/13fbb244.jpg[/img]

Earl K
Green Thumb

Congrads on your new peppers.Once they pop out like that they grow a lot faster.At least mine do,Mine are outside in containers and are growing like crazy.You should be eating those peppers in a couple weeks :)

mngrdngrl

Well I guess I can be patient... I waited three weeks for them to do this much so a few more weeks for growth is just the price I have to pay! LOL I moved them to a west facing window because there happens to be a white wall outside of it that reflects a lot of light all day long. So we will see if they like it there. Why do I feel like I had a baby?

Haesuse

mngrdngrl wrote:Wow it ain't no joke that peppers are slow growers!

my peppers grow so fast that it borders on unbelievable. ;)

Tammy42

Just wanted to say I to am a mother of peppers!!!! When I bought my two green peppers on them, they had buds on them, one had about five and the other one had four, they have had blooms on them for a bout two or three weeks. New to veggie gardening didn't know the peppers grew from the blooms. Then this week I look at one bloom on the one plant and it has a pepper on it about the half the size of my thumb, and ot has about five more little peppers on it and the other plant has about four. Not to mention ancho has some little pepper buds but no blooms yet!!!! I am so excited to :D

mngrdngrl

That is good to hear! I have gotten two more blooms since this first ones, but that is it. The plant isn't even getting any bigger. I am just about to give up on it... I just don't think it is getting enough light to make fruit.

Tammy42

I know what you mean, my plant has not grown any bigger nither, but it is really starting to take off with blooms and little pepper buds. But I do have one pepper each on the two plants I have. I think it is due to this weeks hot weather to really go!!! :D

Nick L.

My jalepeno plant has about 7 peppers, and the biggest one will probably be ready to pick in a week. My bell pepper plant hasnt even bloomed

GitarooGarden

I also have been growing some pepper plants in containers. I keep mine outside facing Southwest on our driveway, so plenty of light and heat. When I first transplanted, I actually knocked off the first round of buds, except for maybe 1 or 2, because I figured the plant would do better in the long run if it put more energy towards putting out more leaves. If you let it worry about building peppers, the rest of the plant isn't going to grow fast until they're gone.

of course if you're itching for those peppers, they'll be ready in a few weeks, probably as little as 2 or 3!

mngrdngrl

Here is a little update. From that first picture I posted of my first bloom. I now finally have one little pepper coming through...
[img]https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/apb1172/9db6bc11.jpg[/img]
I also found that on my other plant that hasn't been doing anything, that now I have several small blossoms setting in right now.
[img]https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/apb1172/53ae1709.jpg[/img]
I still think I am gonna get rid of it because I have little faith that those peppers will ever get big enough or ripen. I am sure they aren't getting enough light. I tell ya, one lesson I have learned is this...I better get my community garden hustle on because I'll NEVER be able to grow veggies in this apartment! LOL

Diane
Green Thumb

mngrdngrl wrote:Here is a little update. From that first picture I posted of my first bloom. I now finally have one little pepper coming through...
[img]https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/apb1172/9db6bc11.jpg[/img]
I also found that on my other plant that hasn't been doing anything, that now I have several small blossoms setting in right now.
[img]https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/apb1172/53ae1709.jpg[/img]
I still think I am gonna get rid of it because I have little faith that those peppers will ever get big enough or ripen. I am sure they aren't getting enough light. I tell ya, one lesson I have learned is this...I better get my community garden hustle on because I'll NEVER be able to grow veggies in this apartment! LOL
Give it time. They look so healthy. My plants are outside and they may be a bit bigger but they aren't any further along. Two tiny peppers on each.
And you skip the bugs problem. I didn't know you could grow peppers indoors.

mngrdngrl

^^^^ I don't know if it can be done either. We'll see what happens...

pepper4
Green Thumb

I agree with Diane. They look good so I would give them time. I found peppers are slower then some other veggies. Mine are outside in containers and starting to produce peppers. For the longest time I didn't think they were going to do anything. Being indoors they may just need alittle more time. Hang in there :) Some wise people once told me "Be patient" :wink:

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”