Bruce L.
Newly Registered

Everything's dying!

Hi, I have a small veg/flower raised bed garden, and am encountering a problem I've never had before.

About a month ago some of my spearmint and peppermint plants suddenly turned brown and started drying up and dying, although they never did completely and are still more or less alive.

Same for lemon balm.

Two-three weeks ago my cherry tomato plants started wilting, mostly the top branches. Then in a day or so they would straighten back up. Then wilt over again.

Now today I noticed my Swiss chard doing the same thing.

I'm in upstate NY and we had one of the wettest Junes on record, aside from that everything else is the same as previous years.

Any obvious problem common to all my ailing plants jump out at anybody?

Pebbles

I don't know Bruce. First off I though when you mentioned wilting - not enough water but if you have had lots of rain fall maybe this is not the case.

I have been asked to take pics when I have had problems with certain fruits and veg. If you could post a pic, maybe somebody would see what the problem is and hopefully get your plants healthy again. :wink:

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

What's your soil like Bruce? Water logged? Noted any mushrooms?

Pebbles is right; it's hard to spot issues with pics, let alone without. Need more input...

HG

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”