wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

TV show question

I love "Gardening by the Yard" with Paul James. Anybody know if it's still on HGTV or has it been cancelled? If it's moved to some ungodly hour in the morning (like before 11:00 a.m.) then I guess I'm toast. :(

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm glad someone likes Paul James; I always found him mildly irritating myself. But I'm afraid you are out of luck - if before 11 AM counts as an ungodly hour of the morning, then I guess 7:30 AM is the middle of the night?

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

rainbowgardener wrote:if before 11 AM counts as an ungodly hour of the morning, then I guess 7:30 AM is the middle of the night?
That's how I classify it! [img]https://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-049.gif[/img]

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

nice to know there are other night owls out there. I know people who get up at 4am. Sometimes that's my bedtime. :shock:

sweet thunder

I'm already at work by 4 am. That show comes on right around the time I'm taking my lunch break!

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Thanks, guys! Nice to know I'm in good company. Why is it that the birds start singing a good TWO HOURS (or more) before sunrise? Is their vision that much better because it still looks like nighttime to me. I have to turn the fan on to drown them out. Now, don't misunderstand, I love birdsong (most), but not when I'm tryin' to sleep! I do make an exception for the alarm sounds from the robins in the front yard, as we have an "understanding". In fact, his majesty notified me this afternoon that the birdbath was dry again. :roll: (Yes, sire; right away, sire!)

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

There used to be a crow that would park itself on the phone wire leading to my house, which happened to be right outside my bedroom window. Every darned morning at dawn, the little twerp would sit out there and yell at me to get out of bed and serve up some peanuts in the shell! :lol:

It was a minor disturbance, though, because I usually had 3 or 4 baby raccoons in the bathroom, squalling their heads off for their morning bottles. Do you have any idea how deafeningly loud a baby raccoon's voice is, echoing around in a tiled bathroom? :shock:

And the duck ... ah, yes, the mallard duck in the open backyard pen. She was just here resting, because she got tired while migrating. She was free to leave whenever she decided the time was right. She liked to greet each dawn with a loud, repeated, reverberating QUAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKK, QUACK, quack, quack, quack, quack! (I'm sure my neighbors hated me! :roll: )

Pebbles

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys have made my day! I don't think I have read a funnier post on here.

What great sense of humors you all have.

plkelly

We're night owls here, too! When I was a newlywed, we had a woodpecker that thought the wall just outside our bedroom was the best place to start the day. It sounded like a jackhammer inside our bedroom.

One morning my husband had enough and went out with his shotgun to put an end to it, much against my wishes. Not a good call--he ended up blowing a hole in the side of our house.

He's never lived that one down.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

We have a woodpecker who pecks on a steel light on top of our phone pole. It is either terribly sexy to the female woodpeckers or he's eat up with the dumb ass. It looks like it hurts.

Wing, if you have cable or satellite TV, a DVR makes TV worth watching again. We haven't seen commercials in years, we watch what we want to and most importantly when we want to. I can record a football game, start watching at the beginning of half time, skip the commercials and half time show and finish about when the game ends.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

I used to watch all the commercials, because the script, photography, etc., were pretty darn good. Remember my post about the Superbowl? However, IMO, most beer commercials today do NOT make beer consumption look appealing. Most of the actors look and sound like idiots whilst touting the beer of choice. (Fine by me, but that's another soapbox.) However, the Budweiser Clydesdales always have and always shall be my favourites; and the personality the writers have injected into the newer commercials make them my hands-down winners. The frogs were pretty cool. These days the only "dangerous" beer commercials (that still make it look "cool") are the Coors Light and Dos Equis. Not considering the hard liquor commercials here. Wait, I'm really getting off on a tangent, this isn't the Foo forum we still have to keep this garden-related. So--remember, beer is for killing slugs.
There.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Hi, Wing! Slow night? :lol:

Pebbles

Wing

Perfect ending to your story :wink:

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

:P Kisal.

Thanks, Pebbles; sometimes we can still bring it home... :lol:

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”