loiswhitehead
Newly Registered

Unidentified plant, please help!

Hi,
I was at an art exhibition yesterday and came away with two plants, one of which was helpfully labelled, the second was not and I wondered if anyone could help me identify it so I can name and care for it properly!

[img]https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rtpae/IMG00456.jpg[/img]

Thanks for any help you can give me![/img]

kylie77

Hmm, I'm no expert at all! Actually it's only my second year growing tomatoes, and last year I don't even know what kind I had! lol But, from my limited expertise I would say it looks simular to how my cherry tomato plants looked in the beginning. I'm probably way off though!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Looks like Dusty Miller, or Artemisia stelleriana. I have seen it volunteer like that even here up north... not that I'm further north than Glasgow, just colder... :)

HG

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

HG, Dusty Miller's are woody plants. At that stage though, would it perhaps not be woody...? :?

Needless to say, I can't really tell what that is from that pic; maybe when the plant grows a bit... 8)

loiswhitehead
Newly Registered

Cheers guys, so far he's surviving ok sat in the window and being watered a little each day.
fingers crossed he'll make it to get bigger and I can post a picture of him when he's grown and more developed.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

True VJ, exactly right. There are points even an oak looks kind of weedy, right? And the image was pretty blurry, but I had a knee-jerk reaction to it. I would think a lot of us northern gardeners would be surprised to think Dusty Miller a woody plant as they are more likely to be an annual planting here, but they are indeed a wormwood like the rest of the Artemisias in warmer climes...

Looking forward to another image Lois; we'll see how I did...

HG

Jimbob85
Newly Registered

I see where HG is coming from, but right now it could be anything, more snaps please!!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

JB is right about more pics...

HG

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”