BONI
Newly Registered

ROSE TREE IN POT FOR WINTER

I have a rose tree in a pot which I want to keep in the pot through the winter. Can this be brought inside for the winter? I live in RI and the winter can be pretty cold.

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Hi there Boni! Welcome to the forum! You will find the information you need in the second thread down in this forum (Rose Forum) called Articles for Winter Protection. The information you will need will be in the third article I have written. Give this a read, and if you still need help, or have questions, feel free to ask!
Hope you enjoy the forum, and find what you are looking for, and feel free to come back! :wink:
VAL

BONI
Newly Registered

Grandpasrose - Thanks so much for your reply and your article helped me a lot. I will indeed move my rose tree to my unheated garage for the winter. This is a great site. I'm so glad I found it as I love roses also!

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

You are more than welcome! That's what the forum is all about! We have quite a few avid rose lovers on the forum, so feel free to stop in and drop us a line! :wink:
Val

Grey
Greener Thumb

I'm bringing my roses into my unheated garage too - I have two I never had the strength to plant! :oops:

Bad backs are a pain....

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Grey, you can also dig them into your garden, pot and all, as long as you do the winter protection thing. I've done it before up here. It's all covered in the third article in the Winter Protection thread. :wink:
Val

Return to “Rose Forum”