kyahn
Newly Registered

I need help, grass is over running my garden

I have a smallish area, about 10' by 10', that has an established creeping thyme ground cover. I noticed that Bermuda or nut sage is invading the area. How do I get rid of the grass without killing off the thyme?

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Digging with a hori knife or asparagus fork...

Think about digging the thyme out, potting it and burning off the grass foliage with vinegar and solarizing (ten days or so) with black plastic to kill the grass, then putting the thyme back... best bet...

HG

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have a 3 ft square freznal lens that I mounted on 2 legs perment legs and 1 adjustable leg. I set it up early in the morning and as the sun moves the 4" diameter 4000 degree circle moves across the ground like a lazer beam. It will burn right through old tree stumps, grass or anything that it passes over including the garden hose. For something like a tree stump I have to move and readjust the freznal lens about every 2 hours all day long. It takes a week to burn out a tree stump. It takes a while to burn a dead spot in the grass too but it is easy and it works great and sun power is polution free.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Where on earth did you get that, Gary? Have you been raiding lighthouses? :lol:

HG

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”