wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Remember me?

I no longer have I'net access; I'm on medical leave from work and must go to library. However, I hope this message finds you all busy with Fall cleanup (this hemisphere, anyway) and healthier than moi. I can only check my e-mail every couple of weeks, but would love to hear from anyone, any new TV shows, etc. Hopefully, will have surgery to correct spine problem before end of year. The rest of the problems may take a little longer. Anybody hiring a doorstop?
Happy Gardening, all!
Wingdesigner.

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Hey Wingdesigner! Didn't think I'd seen your name for a while. Sorry to hear you are in such bad shape. I too have been off work,(otherwise I wouldn't have time for the forum! :lol: ) for different reasons, on disability now for three years, so can sort of relate with how you feel.
I also have disintegrating disks, hips and knee joints, but so far have managed to avoid surgery. I hope it works for you, and you can get back to part of your normal life.
Take care, and try to keep your mind busy, that's the hardest part! :wink:
VAL

Grey
Greener Thumb

Hey Wing! Yes I remember you!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I too have back problems of late (herniated disk & pulled ligament) and can barely go through an entire day doing normal household chores without needing some kind of rest in there, else I shall find myself flat and in spasms for another 3 months! Back troubles are awful. I was telling my husband I so wish my troubles were with a knee (I do have that too...) instead, because I can hobble around a garden and sit at a computer and stuff with a knee, but with a bad back - I can't do anything!

If it makes you feel any better... I am not even 30 yet. People in my age category should be out bicycling and playing at being weekend warriors, not complaining about a bad back or knee!

I certainly hope the surgery helps you, and Spring finds you Weekend Warrioring inyour chosen sport, and energetically working away in your garden!

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Hi Wing, good to hear from you. I hope all is well. You'd better believe that I am busy in fall errr.... clean up More of a fall stockpiling of fall goodies for me.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Get well soon, Wing. We'll keep a light on...

Scott

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Oh, bless all your pea, pumpkin, squash, 'tater, etc.,-pickin' hearts! You gave me smiles for miles. In a weird sort of way, it's nice to hear about others' troubles--nice to know I'm in such good company...sigh. Decision time is coming up re surgery, not if, just when. I'm off pain meds to see how bad it will get; that determines the when. Still off work, and frankly, don't know if I want to jump back into that sparring ring. There's always a few, ya know? However, at this point in my "well-being" (and at my age...) I'm starting to think "enough already", and look for a job closer to home. I appreciate your kind thoughts, prayers, etc., and yes, please do keep a light on for me--you old softies, you! With affection,

Happy Gardening
Wingdesigner

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Hey there Wingdesigner! Keep your spirits up, and let us know what is happening for you. Take care and best of luck with surgery. The door is always open here........ :wink:
Val

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”