Stacey B
Newly Registered

Daffodils not blooming.

I have a few clumps of , what I can only guess, daffodils that just don't bloom. (Since the green growth comes up when my Tee Tee Daffodils come up, I am guessing that they are full sized Daffodils. :oops: )

My question is this; Should I try to separate them? My thinking here is that they are too cramped and that is why they will not bloom. I did not originally plant them - they came with the house. :)

They are growing in a place that gets sunlight, nice soil and the foliage is very green and vibrant. They seem healthy in every aspect, but blooms.

Any advice would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Stacey

MagnoliaMan
Cool Member

A couple of reasons that daffodils don't rebloom are 1) they need to be divided as you said, or 2) that their previous year's foliage was cut off too soon (namely, before it died to the ground naturally to rebuild bulb strength), or 3)! there is a soil problem that needs to be checked with a soil test.
Good Luck!

Stacey B
Newly Registered

Thanks! I will try moving them. The clumps of them are pretty big. That and I think my husband cuts them down. (He just owned up to that as I was reading this!) :shock:

I think the dirt is fine - I have other plants that are doing fine.

Thanks again! :)

GardenLisa

Another thing that can affect the blooming of daffodils is how deep they're buried. If they're buried too deep, no daffs.

Return to “Perennials”