jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Peas?

[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/peas.jpg[/img]

If you want peas, plant 5 rows ten inches apart and 25 feet long. Then do that with 5 different varieties. You will have peas. :) :) :D

kylie77

Looks like you certainly had lots of peas!

Oh I have a question for you. How many pea plants should I plant to feed a family of 5? I'm new to all this and really don't have a clue how much of what to plant.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

If you want some to put in the freezer, I suggest planting Victory Freezer peas or Lincoln. Plant 5 rows ten inches apart and 25 feet long. When the plants are two inches tall you can drag a hoe between the rows and get rid of most of the weeds. These varieties will have most of the pods get ready at the same time so it is great for freezer peas.

For just some fresh eating peas plant Wando or Little Marvel. These have the harvest spread out more so you can pick over a longer period. A planting like above works well. That is a 25 foot row for each person.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

WOW................

I wish I could grow peas. They take a lot of space and my space is limited. The best crop of peas I every grew I threw a whole 1 lb of seeds in the snow, tossed them everywhere. When the weather got right they came up and I had peas in April. My soil is not good for peas I can plant a pound of peas and after the peas are removed from the pods I have about 1 lb of peas. I don't know much about peas maybe peas need nitrogen.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”