pepper4
Green Thumb

Yay!! Radishes

Here in Ohio we are having a spring like day. Just got home from work, checked my radishes again and finally I found green coming through! :D I was starting to get discouraged.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

That's great! I was afraid you were going to say you were eating them?

My garden is still under snow and its snowing again tonight.

If things don't soon shape up, I will have to go shoot some peas in with the shotgun. :)

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Have been harvesting arugula for a couple of weeks. First batch of rashes are about the size of a dime, have been blending their tops in with the arugula. Strawberry plants are blooming. Blueberry plants are in full bloom. Sweet peas are up about four inches. Garlic tops are getting huge. Spinach is up, a few plants getting close to yielding a few leaves. Lettuce is up and growing in the garden. Current state of garden is really a surprise after the much colder than usual periods here in zone 8. We had single digits this year, most years only visit the 20's.

Am heading to Belize for a week starting April 5th. Will plant tender annuals after getting back home on the 11th. Hopefully will plant no later than the 20th. My tomato plants are starting to bloom heavily in their containers, with one plant having a good sized cluster of fruit. Can't wait for that first vine ripe tomato, probably in about three weeks.

2cents
Green Thumb

pepper, mine are up as well.

jal_ut, I like the shotgun idea. now would the heavy snow cover require a 12 or 20 guage. If there is ice, you might want a full choke for deep penetration. :lol:

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Yes, deep penetration is good. I will use the 12 gauge with full choke. :D

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Still snowing here as well, garden is also under snow. I want to start so badly, but the weather just isn't good here until the end of May. I do have 20 bok choy plants that are looking great inside, and want to get them outside, but it keeps snowing...maybe they will be fine...

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”