wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Speaking of DWTS

That's Dancing With The Stars, btw. I hear they've gone to three nights; I wonder if that's just for the season opener or if we're going to have three nights every week. I love DWTS, but I don't think I love it three nights' worth.

Eagerly awaiting new season of CSI and Pushing Daisies. Kinda lost faith in Heroes--starting to get too soap-opera-ish.

Watched Fringe, but it's kinda graphic for this squeamish writer. Still love House & Bones. Been kinda fun to see the supporting cast members pop up in other stuff this summer.

Also like Supper Club, Ellen, and Girls Next Door. (I can hear the groans already).

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Ellen? I can't stand her. She's like chalk on a black board. Not that I watch tv but I cringe whenever I see that woman on the tv while I'm passing through to the kitchen. She grates on me even more than that Rosie O'Donnell did. I do recall liking that Roseanne Barr though and nobody else seemed to be able to stomach her.

Have never seen the other programs you mentioned. What's CSI?

Have heard of Pushing Up Daisies but don't know what it's all about.

wingdesigner, you need to put down the remote and get your buns outside before the weather starts turning on you. You're in Michigan for goodness sakes and before you know it there will be snow swirling to the ground and then we'll both really be stuck indoors perusing seed catalogs to tide us over. I don't know about you but I feel like a trapped animal once the cold weather sets in knowing there are weeds out there with my name on them. I do want to make it a point of trying to watch a few programs on that "green" network over the winter. I forgot which ones I was interested in though.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Nah, I likes my brain candy. Pushing Daisies was a new series on ABC just before the writer's strike. Kristen Chenoweth & Swoosie Kurtz are in it, and it had a look all its own. Loved the style, format, funny w/o the canned laughter, but some of the jokes probably went over a lot of folks' heads--kinda like Dennis Miller, but not as snarky. Loved Craig Ferguson's rant on voting the other night, wish I'd taped it. CSI is a procedural crime drama, kinda like a whodunit (w/intelligent humour) and an excellent cast. Based in Las Vegas, it follows the technicians of the LV crime lab and makes you wish you'd paid more attention in school to those boring physics, chem, & bio classes, not to mention math stuff. It is the progenitor of the spinoffs: CSI:Miami and CSI:New York. Neither of which are as good as the original IMO (and Wm. Peterson's, also). Don't die on me now TheLorax, but I didn't mention all my sci-fi faves like: Stargate SG-1 & SGAtlantis, Eureka, and some no longer around like ST, STNG & STV. Didn't care for DS-9. Babylon 5, Farscape (many of the cast members went on to guest or recur in SG); West Wing (BIG fave--many cast members from The American President movie). Another guilty pleasure: Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Mythbusters (don't feel guilty at all about that one); Deadliest Catch (not the copycat "reality job shows"), Dirty Jobs; Rome; The Tudors; Jeopardy; Ellery Queen Presents; Carrier. And you thought I was a c.p. before? Keeps me off of the 'puter. Besides, I can only work at one thing for about 1/2 hour at a time, dr.'s orders. Then I have to take a break or do something else. Fallout from two surgeries.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Forgot Sons of Anarchy; Sarah Connor Chronicles (love Lena Heady); Supper Club & AFV (big Tom Bergeron fan); Little Mosque on the Prairie; the Red Green Show; Dr. Who & Torchwood.

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

I saw a program on Dirty Jobs about caves and loved it. It just so happened that we had been to the actual cave that was featured on Dirty Jobs which is why I sat down and watched the program. Haven't seen one since. Myth Busters I've seen before a few times and that's a great program. Mostly they watch the History Channel and science/natural history programming over here at night so I catch bits and pieces of what they watch. Whole bunch of science geeks over here. They love the Discovery Channel. Animal Planet, The Science Channel, and TLC. I don't know if you have any interest but; you might want to look for Discovery's Walking With Dinosaurs. Miracle Planet, or their Lost Animals of the 20th Century series. Their Storm Chasers is a big hit around here too. The tv is on for a couple hours most nights and there are some interesting programs out there. One time when I was downed I watched darn near a whole day of Meerkat Manor. Very interesting but wouldn't do that again. I still want to make it a point to watch some of the programs on that new "green" channel. Never did find where it was though. Have you seen any of the programs on the "green" channel?

What's a c.p.? Two surgeries, bummer. No wonder why you're so up on all the programs out there.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Couch Potato(e). 8)

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

I can't BELIEVE c.l. is still on there! While I love her acting (still), I feel embarrassed to watch her on this show. It's like she's hard of hearing and can't quite catch what others are saying to her and fakes it; or she's on drugs or something. Strange at best, and very uncomfortable to watch. I keep having to do things like grocery shop, take in dry cleaning, etc., so I miss half of the dancing. :( I'm not sure either of the other two that were voted off "deserved" it more than her. That's my opinion and I'm stickin' toit!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”