farmerted361
Newly Registered

HAVE: I have the following heirloom tomato seeds

Hi, Folks :D
I have lots of the following available for trade or SASBE:

Prudens Purple
Aunt Gerties Gold
Sasha's Altai Pride
Mortgage Lifter <-----this web site seems to not want to allow the word Mortgage?
Hungarian Italian Paste
Glamour
Azoychka
Bull's Heart
Hillbilly
Bonny Best
Black Krim
Caspian Pink
Ponderosa Red
Missouri Pink Love Apple

What I'm looking for in trade Heirloom Tomatoes. Indeterminate, (large fruited) ((Early)), Mid and Late season varieties. Paste, Canning and Salad. No determinates please!

If you have nothing to trade ask me if I still have whats listed and you can send me a SASBE.

Thanks, farmerted361:)

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Oh, to bad about our border restrictions! I would so love to trade seeds with you!

Someone had better take advantage of this opportunity! :)

farmerted361
Newly Registered

Hi, opabinia51
Border restrictions? Thats only if your shipping soil! I have shipped plants bare root and seeds to Cacada as well as received the same from Canada. The only restrictions are that no soil is to be shipped due to soil born organisms. So if you want to trade seeds, or receive seeds in a SASBE just ask:)

Thanks, farmerted361:)

opabinia51 wrote:Oh, to bad about our border restrictions! I would so love to trade seeds with you!

Someone had better take advantage of this opportunity! :)

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Unfortunately, the Canada/US border does not allow the trade of seed. I have already tried doing a seed trade with a member from the US.

Europe and North America seem to be fine about seed trading but, not within North America.

w8in4dave

hi e/1 wow sounds like a great bunch of seeds! I'm not sure I understand the Indeterminate, and determanite thing on tomatoes someone tried to explain it to me and I just didn't get it. But if I buy some heirloom tomatoes will it say on the package if it is determanite ir indeterminite? Not that it matters because I don't understand it , was just wondering for in the future when I do understand it..

JennyC
Green Thumb

Determinate -- you get a whole bunch of tomatoes at once (good for canning, etc).

Indeterminate -- tomatoes develop and ripen over a long period of time (good for eating tomatoes all summer).

w8in4dave

JennyC wrote:Determinate -- you get a whole bunch of tomatoes at once (good for canning, etc).

Indeterminate -- tomatoes develop and ripen over a long period of time (good for eating tomatoes all summer).
Well now that made much more sense thank you so much. :)

Bebop
Newly Registered

I could have sworn that determinate meant that it will grow only a short size and that indeterminate has an indeterminate growth so it would need to be staked.

w8in4dave

ooohhhh no I'm gunna get confused again :wink:

JennyC
Green Thumb

Indeterminates do usually get taller, and they definitely do need to be staked. But that's not where the name comes from; the name refers to the fruiting habits of the plant. Also, I've discovered that my determinates fall over from the weight of fruit if I don't stake them.

w8in4dave

well now I know I have some Mortgage Lifter LOL but I have no Idea if they are determanint or indetermanant .... I think its the kind where they get red all at once I have not had any tomatoes turn red yet ..... hmmmmmm

JennyC
Green Thumb

According to one source I found (https://monticellostore.stores.yahoo.net/600066.html), the Mortgage Lifter is an indeterminate heirloom. I've not grown them, so I can't swear to that.

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Mortgage Lifter is an indeterminant big ol plant with big ol tomatoes.

Determinants have a genetic mutation causing them to put out flower clusters from the growth tip of the stems and branches, pretty much stopping further growth in height- do not prune determinants. They can be 5 ft tall plants, but most are 3-4 ft down to the 1 ft tall minis. Although they can put out new growing tips as suckers the plants get so loaded down with fruit all once that there is not much energy left for growth, but you can get a second small batch of fruit late in the season sometimes.

Dwarf plants are short but indeterminant, with flower trusses coming out at branch points. They have a genetic mutation to be short, and have characteristic rugose/rough foliage. A few can be 5 ft, but most are 2-4ft. They are fairly rare.

brent h
Newly Registered

I am interested in trading... I have no seeds now, so I will buy some and send you 1/2. what should I buy?
please advise...

LadyBlacksword
Newly Registered

brent h wrote:I am interested in trading... I have no seeds now, so I will buy some and send you 1/2. what should I buy?
please advise...
I doubt you'll get a reply on this one. The original post is probably a necro- it's from 2006.
LJ

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”