missybelle75
Newly Registered

Lavender Rhododendron

Does anyone happen to know of a good online source from which to purchase two Lavender Rhododendron shrubs?

I am a bit wary of online nurseries, however chasing after my four year old and six month old makes it difficult to make it to the local nursery. I fell in love with my sister's lavender rhodes in New Jersey and have selected the perfect spot for them right near our side door.

I was recommended to go here on another forum, but I was wondering if anyone here had a good experience with this or any other online gardening resource?

Just a bit nervous about ordering online, but the convenience factor is sure hard to avoid...

<a href=" https://www.brighterblooms.com/product/lavender-rhododendron.html">Rhododendron</a>

Can anyone help me?

Missy L.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Now, *this* one I can give you a little help on.

Please go to www.davesgarden.com and look for "Garden Watchdog." This is a very large collection of user reviews of over 6,000 on-line vendors, from small, independent seed merchants to huge rose propagators. There's a separate section of DG with reviews of local, in-person vendors as well.

Look through the relevant listings on the Watchdog and then make a decision based on your location, the vendor's reliability and quality of plants, vendor's customer service--are plants guaranteed? is there a money-back or replacement plant policy? etc. Prices and shipping may also be a consideration.

I ordered from one on-line source this spring and LATER--after I experienced poor service and no response from the vendor re. my order--found out that the reviews for this vendor were heavily negative. :x

Now I check Garden Watchdog.

There's no fee to read the Watchdog listings or to add a review.

Good luck on finding your ideal plant from an excellent vendor.

Cynthia H.
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 17

NewjerseyTea

I've ordered from and gone to Rare Find Nursery in Jackson NJ and have had good experiences with them. Their selection of Rhododendrons is overwhelming ( I called and asked questions but not about rhodies) and I believe they have an August Dog Days Sale.
www.rarefindnursery.com

missybelle75
Newly Registered

Wow! Thanks so much to both of you. That GardenWatchdog site is very interesting: I'll definitely be sitting down in the near future and compiling a list of companies with good ratings. What a great source, thank you!

I'll be sure to check out rarefindnusery.com as well, especially after hearing about their rhode inventory!

Thanks so much! :D

Missy L.

NewjerseyTea

You're welcome missybelle. I hope you find what you want.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”