IanM
Newly Registered

New greenhouse owner

Greetings all. I have just joined the group and I look forward to reading the boards and sharing in the discussion.
I am pretty much a newbie gardener. I took early retirement last year and I am now starting to enjoy my garden, having spent the last 3 months building walls and beds! I have now put up my first greenhouse and I plan to do the usual stuff with tomatoes etc next year. My question now is, what can I do with it this year? It is a 6'x6' and is in a position such that one side I partially shaded whilst the other side gets the sun for most of the day.
I hope to sow bedding plants for the garden in readiness for early planting next year but for now I would be happy for any tips. In fact, I would be happy for any tips at all to help me get the most out of the greenhouse.

Ian

Jess
Greener Thumb

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum. :D
It sounds like you have been a very busy man! I thought you were meant to slow down when you retired.
If you have a minute I could do with some hard landscaping in my garden. :lol:

If you can get hold of plants you may still have a chance of growing in your greenhouse. Try and find plants of chilli peppers, cucumbers or aubergines. All are relatively easy to grow and relish the extra heat of a greenhouse.

IanM
Newly Registered

Many thanks for the reply Jess. As for slowing down, that has not happened :)
I am moving along quite nicely with the greenhouse and have found some fairly good cucumber and courgette plants. I have also planted some Salad Bowl and Lollo Rossa lettuce, heck I even found some strawberry plants :) On top of that I have sown some Rocket and Spinach seeds. Lord alone knows if I am doing it correctly but time will tell :)

Ian

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”