xtron
Cool Member

Re: 2017 What's the weather like where you are?

thank you nate !!! FINALLY got some rain...2 1/2 inches, and not a mud puddle anywhere. the ground was so dry, and the rain came slow enough, with enough breaks that it all soaked in.
the okra doubled in size overnight, and there are a dozen new blooms today. since that's about all that's left, the rain did some good.

applestar
Mod

Oooh it's going to be close! 3:30am and the closest Wunderground station that records and forecasts nearest to actual in my garden is reporting 38°F. In the next couple of hours, temp is supposed to fall to 37°F minimum before going back up again. At 37°F, dewpoint will be 33°F -- at 7am, 39°F and dewpoint will be 32°F. IME, dewpoint is a huge factor.

...but sunrise is at 7:12am... Image

applestar
Mod

Well, it's light enough and I went out for inspection tour. A very light touch of frost was evident in the NW front yard/lawn where it gets hit first. Nowhere else, so at least no frost. Remaining basils are probably done for, but I took some cuttings last week (2 weeks ago? ...last 10 days anyway) that are rooting and a few container plants are inside as well.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Any Damage?

Wow, AppleStar! You confused me at this early hour by having exactly +- the same sunrise time as my official time. Then, I checked the hours of daylight for my location: 10:45. Yours (I chose Trenton, in the center of NJ): 11:04. Okay, our sunrise times depend on location in those broad timezones. Now, I feel better ... or worse!!

Yeah, you will have 42 minutes more daylight in a month and 54 more minutes in 2 months! Waaah ... Dangnation! I guess I should just feel lucky that the moderating effects of the Pacific and prevailing winds across 300 miles of the Wild West helps keep the winter temperatures from being as cold as they might be in this northerly of a location. But shoot, daylight sure disappears quickly!

Steve
forecast to be in high winds and blowing dust, today! think I'll stay indoors! rain soon ...

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Yesterday we turned off the A/C and opened windows. 6 AM - 53 degrees.

12:30 PM - 72 degrees. Blue bird skies, very little humidity and a light breeze. Sitting on my patio in shorts and a Tee shirt. No need for the fan.

:-()

Time to water my garden boxes.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Your Majesty, it is WE who are not amused.

Weather alternating between light frosts and solid rain.

imafan26
Mod

It has rained everyday for the past week. Mostly in the evenings and early morning and occasionally a drizzle during the day. The trades are turned on and the winds are now 13 mph with gusts up to 24. A few things are rolling around in the yard. Even a few plants. Next week the forecast is for more rain. No snow in sight, the days are in the mid 80's but it is so overcast and breezy it feels cooler. Tonight will be 70 degrees. I'm glad it doesn't get as cold as some of you, but my house has jealousie windows to let the air in so tonight, I might wear my sweats and think about getting another blanket.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Vanisle_BC location just had a river of moisture over it for a time this week.

Portland Oregon, which usually sends its moisture our way, has gained an inch of rain just yesterday. We picked up about 1/2" through the entire week but there was so much time and wind between the intermittent little sprinkles that I don't know that it did any good. The nearest location (right at the Canadian border) of a serious fire this year had a good deal of rain, however. I imagine that there are still hotspots but that rain should have helped put an end to some of them.

Forecast is for more rain and maybe it won't just blow by this time. Oh yeah: More Wind.

Steve

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

digitS' wrote:Vanisle_BC location just had a river of moisture over it for a time this week

Steve
Yes, it was noticeable. Couldn't sleep for the noise of it battering the roof of our covered patio. It'a bit of a shock after such an amazingly dry summer. I guess we're back to being the raincoast. The We(s)t coast.

xtron
Cool Member

we got rain!! an inch and a quarter so far and the radar shows that much or more yet to come.
over an inch and nary a puddle yet, that's how dry it's been here.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

The bottom is about to drop out of our temps! We've been having a string of gorgeous fall weather, clear, blue skies, warm (mid 70's), no humidity to speak of, so pretty. Friday this week the prediction is for clear, sunny, 70 degrees, low of 51. SATURDAY the prediction is for an inch of rain, high of 57 degrees, low of 35. And Sunday the prediction is for high of 51, low of 30 degrees! FROST!

Sunday is 10/29. Our average last frost date is about Nov 1, so it is pretty much right on schedule, but still the sudden drop is a shock. I've got to hurry up and get some things re-potted and ready to come in!

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Finally, a sustained cool front is upon us. Night time temperatures in the low upper 50's to low 60's and daytime temps in the upper 60's to mid 70's with low humidity to boot.

Time to get back out into the garden and replant much of the fall stuff I put in a few weeks ago to get an early jump. All I managed to do was have very few seeds come up and survive the extended summer weather. I do have a bit of the lettuce in one variety that has done well, but for the most part, all of the stuff I put in as seeds will need a new planting.

applestar
Mod

My parents moved into an Assisted Living community yesterday — I’ve been so busy and distracted for weeks! The weather has been holding until now but I woke up this morning after collapsing dead to the world last night and realized I forgot to check on the garden last evening like I had intended. :eek:

...yep. 33°F at the nearest reliable/close to my garden wunderground station. :( I will have to have a walk-through as soon as it’s light enough to check for frosts (that would never have been forecast nor reported officially since my Garden always seem to be several degrees colder than the official temperature). Maybe I should turn on some sprinklers now anyway..... :?

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Water at a warmer temperature than the air and falling regularly on plants has saved them a number of times, AppleStar. I haven't used the sprinklers lately because we are beyond pretending that they would do any good. Only when they will cover everything with ice have they failed and even that icing sometimes and with some plants has been of some help. Of course, there is a risk of breaking down plants from the weight.

The season is beyond it! Still, there is green near the house, buildings and beneath trees. It has been a remarkably slow cool down. The first frost (mitigated) was 5 weeks ago. Morning temperatures have yet to be very far into the 20's. Several windstorms and continuing dry weather has put added stress on plants. Deciduous trees have looked more ragged than colorful, this year.

Frost occurs probably 3 out of 4 mornings. A very slow transition to fall ...

Steve

thanrose
Greener Thumb

The hurricane (Irma) left my sister's neglected mulberry tree confused as to season. Leaves swept off by the winds, the tree budded new leaves and some fruit! The squirrels are happy with the immature fruits. The backyard retention pond is covered by azolla and salvinia, probably due to all the hurricane debris. Some light chill today, but I'd venture it's in the low eighties outside this afternoon. And I hear someone mowing their lawn.

Most years, we'll have a cold snap right around Christmas. Sometimes it's enough to gild the deciduous trees before they gradually drop their leaves.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

It rained hard all night I-24 is under water south of Nashville TN. Rain stopped about 6:10 am I-24 is expected to be open in about 2 hours. My garden has several pools of water, I have seen it much worse. TV News says flooding in Murfreesboro TN I have only seen 1 picture on TV so far highway 2 miles from my house is 6' under water. I planted a lot of winter corp seeds just have to wait & see if they all come up. Some are already up.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

A/C off for the morning - 9:20 a.m. 70 degrees outside - humid. The A/C will be back on in an hour or two.

I have mixed feelings. The longer the warm weather lasts the better chance my very late tomatoes have to ripen. On the other hand I would appreciate more seasonal (cooler) weather.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

About 4" of snow had to be swept off the car before we warmed it up and got it out of the driveway, yesterday.

This morning, Blue Skies and Sunshine!

The temperature is right at 20°f.

Steve

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Wow, digitS, you should post a couple pictures. I can't imagine snow like that this early.

Where I am it is 76 degrees and raining. But tomorrow it will be 20 degrees cooler. Forecast is anywhere from mid 50's to mid 60's for the whole ten day forecast. Lows mostly mid 40's.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

RBG - are you enjoying your new climate? Very different from what you are accustomed to.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Oh yes, I love it!! Longer growing season, more sunshine, beautiful clear blue skies! No snow!

The garden season is more longer even than it looks like, because there are more warm days interspersed with the cold ones. And the southern sun is just a bit more intense. The difference between being in the sun and in the shade still always surprises me. So in Cincinnati, if it were 40 degrees, it would be damp, chilly, and gray, and I would not want to be outdoors. Here, it can be 40 and sunny. As long as I am in the sunshine, it feels quite comfortable and I can still be out.

And the summers are really not significantly worse. People here complain about the humidity, but it is actually less humid here than in the Ohio River Valley. And if the temperature is 94 degrees with a lot of humidity or 98 degrees with somewhat less humidity, I am likely to be inside in the air conditioning either way. So it really isn't much more limiting.

Spring and fall go on forever. It really is more like a three season climate. What they call "winter" here is really more like late fall or early spring in Cincinnati.

imafan26
Mod

Days in the mid 80's and nights around 68 degrees with passing showers. Trades are turned on from the east bringing early morning showers.

When the trades are off and the wind comes from the south we get Kona weather. Almost no wind 0-5 miles and hour. warm and muggy with vog. If it rains, that will be warm too.

80% of the time the forecast will be for warm days in the 80's with tradewinds from the northeast and windward and mauka showers in the early morning

Winds coming from the south always bring vog from the volcanic eruptions on the Big Island. Muggy weather and almost no wind. When you can't even see a palm leaf moving you know there isn't any wind.

20% of the time it is raining somewhere.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

It rained 7 inches last night the tiny 1 foot deep stream on the other side of the field behind the house is 35 ft deep and water is moving about 45 mph wow it looks dangerous. Some place near Nashville TN had 11 inches of rain. Schools were closed today for flooding. The road to town was under 6 ft of water peak run off was after lunch about 2 pm today. There was lots of thunder & lightning about 3 am I started to get out of bed to watch but changed my mine. Today was over cast and windy high about 65. The garden soil is so soft and muddy 3 tomato plants and cages fell over. Winter is on the way each cold spell is a little bit colder than the last cold spell but not bad at all compared to living in Illinois. 98 degrees and 100% humidity in summer feels much hotter than Arizona your bodies natural cooling system does not work in this humidity. Sometimes it is very cold last winter we had 2 weeks of 4 degree weather the water pipes almost froze every night. I went for a 25 miles bicycle ride in 17 degree weather the first 1/2 mile was colder than a edited but I soon got warm and had to start taking off layers of clothes and putting them in my bike bag. My bike has a trailer I picked up 160 lbs of firewood along the bike path where trees fell and someone cut them into firewood size pieces. I hauled 8 loads of firewood for the work shop stove it will be warm in there for this winter and plenty of wood ash for the garden.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

People would take you more seriously if you weren't such a teller of tall tales.

Yes, it looks like there is flooding and schools closing all around you. https://www.wsmv.com/story/36780634/floo ... es-to-fall

As near as I can tell from looking at a lot of weather reports, you probably got more like 3" of rain than seven inches.

And creeks can suddenly get wide as the water overflows the banks. They can NOT suddenly get very deep, because that requires the water cutting the river bed deeper and that happens in geological time.

Weather records look like in Dec 2016, you had nine days where the low temperature was 25 degrees or less, lowest was 15. In January 2017, you had four days when the temperature was 25 degrees or less, including one day when the temperature actually did go down to 4 degrees (but also 16 days in January where the LOW temperature was between 40 degrees and 55 degrees). In Feb 2017, you had four days where the temperature was 25 degrees or less (but also one day in Feb where the high temperature hit 80 degrees!). All of this comes from this weather data site. https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/murfr ... r=2/1/2017

You can set it to show the actual highs and lows for each day of any month in 2016 or 2017 in Murfreesboro TN (or change the location). It's pretty interesting actually.

Sorry, but I keep looking it up, because you make your place sound so horrible and I live an hour and a half drive from you and I live in paradise (see my post just a couple above you).... I never understand. Maybe you should consider moving to Chattanooga area? :)

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:People would take you more seriously if you weren't such a teller of tall tales.

Yes, it looks like there is flooding and schools closing all around you. https://www.wsmv.com/story/36780634/floo ... es-to-fall

As near as I can tell from looking at a lot of weather reports, you probably got more like 3" of rain than seven inches.

And creeks can suddenly get wide as the water overflows the banks. They can NOT suddenly get very deep, because that requires the water cutting the river bed deeper and that happens in geological time.

Weather records look like in Dec 2016, you had nine days where the low temperature was 25 degrees or less, lowest was 15. In January 2017, you had four days when the temperature was 25 degrees or less, including one day when the temperature actually did go down to 4 degrees (but also 16 days in January where the LOW temperature was between 40 degrees and 55 degrees). In Feb 2017, you had four days where the temperature was 25 degrees or less (but also one day in Feb where the high temperature hit 80 degrees!). All of this comes from this weather data site. https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/murfr ... r=2/1/2017

You can set it to show the actual highs and lows for each day of any month in 2016 or 2017 in Murfreesboro TN (or change the location). It's pretty interesting actually.

Sorry, but I keep looking it up, because you make your place sound so horrible and I live an hour and a half drive from you and I live in paradise (see my post just a couple above you).... I never understand. Maybe you should consider moving to Chattanooga area? :)
So you think rivers can not get deeper, then why does the Mississippi river get out of this banks in spring, why does Colorado river turn into a raging class 5 river during spring snow melt. If a river is not out of its banks then it has to be LOW. Only way for a river to get out of its banks is to get HIGHER. YOU are 130 miles away if your watching national news they never get is very close to correct. All the local TV News stations were says 5" of rain yesterday morning but yesterday evening they were saying 7". 1 station said 1 community about 70 miles east of Nashville got 11.5" of rain. I was not there I did not see it for myself. Well you know how TV News is if wind blows 1 tree down they take pictures from 20 different angles then tell about it on TV like it was a National Disaster. LOL. I have several empty 5 gallon bucket in the garden and 1 near the back door they all have 5" of water in them so I know for a fact it rained 5" in my yard. The road 1 mile from my house is hilly 1 low place had 6 ft of water in it and was closed. I have not driven in that direction today so I have no clue if it is still under water. TN is hilly schools were closed yesterday because many roads were under water. If your thinking this is a BIG massive area several miles of land under water your wrong, it is just the low places were roads dip down low and rain filled it in like a pond. When I first moved from Illinois to Tennessee I had to laugh schools were closed when it rained and closed when it snows 1/4 inch. LOL. That NEVER happens in Illinois. It does not often get in the 20s here but I have seen it in the teens and below 0. It is not horrible living in TN, in some ways it is better than Illinois and Arizona but I miss Illinois summers and I miss Arizona winters. So it rains, so what, it is not often it rains none stop for 5 days but sometimes it does, it is not often it snows but sometimes it does, it is not often roads get under water but sometimes it does. Subject line says, 2017 What's the weather like where you are? That was our weather yesterday. My thermometer says, 48 degrees outside now. TV says, high today 56 degrees, low tomorrow 34, warning up to 69 for the weekend. We went camping last week it rained all night Friday we slept with the windows open it was 35 degrees outside, wow the rains sounded so good all night. Rain stopped Saturday morning it was over cast and 40 degrees Saturday and Sunday, it was nice. Rainbow maybe I need to add the following words, nice, good, weather is great, having fun, having a good time, we like rain, we like cold weather, we like snow, love over cast weather, then it won't sound horrible. Does it sound horrible to anyone else. Maybe I need to make it sound more positive.

Camping photos Friday to Sunday, it was 40 degrees we all had our winter jacket on and it rained Friday night. I hope that does not sound horrible. This is 1 of 4 camping groups we go camping with. Pot luck dinner is always Saturday night 5 pm. We are retired, we have fun, camping usually 3 days every week. 28 crock pot main dishes and about a dozen deserts, food was GOOD, not horrible.

Camping at Jekyll Island, just beyond the trees is the beach & ocean this was the last weekend of April 2017. OH I need to say, HAVING FUN, weather is nice, ocean is warm, nice weather, sunny, no clouds, nice breeze, nice camp site, nice warm showers, lots of friendly people, food is good, having a great time, walking barefoot in the sand, I hope that does not sound horrible. Ok enough of acting silly.

Last edited by Gary350 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

thanrose
Greener Thumb

Looks like fun, Gary!

I remarked to my sister and BIL yesterday that the stretch of I-95 to Daytona showed a little autumn color south of Jacksonville. Jax itself is dropping leaves a bit, but if you didn't see people wearing their winter flip-flops you wouldn't know it's November. The most intense color change we get is red maples budding out in January, followed by the peridot cypress crowns in the swampy areas.

Local area temps are usually taken at the airport, any sizable airport with commercial flights. In Daytona, that is on a slightly higher old sand pile inland maybe ten miles from the Island's outer shore. In Jax, the airport is up by the Okefenokee swamp, Florida side. A little reflection will show that sometimes weather reported is just a best guess for a given area.

I can tell you what winter was like in Downeast Maine, just as I can describe the torrid waves of steam and mosquitoes of an Everglades summer. I can make any area sound delightful or like just this side of Hades. I have canoed over my driveway. I have frozen to my car door, been bowled over by storm surf, and gotten heat stroke in Edmonton.

Every place has its beauty, every place has its trials. Who was it who said the coldest winter he ever felt was one summer in San Francisco? Twain maybe? I felt the most miserable and hottest in a Washington DC springtime. Cherry blossoms and oppressive temperature inversion making it hard to breathe. Did you know you can find snow in Portland Maine on July 4th? In the deep shadows of a quarry, but it's there for sure. And if you are familiar with the smell of imminent snow, I've smelled it in Florida where it really never lands. But it is likely snowing in the clouds before it melts into mist.

Sometimes our memories distill a number of things into one event, and sometimes the truth is hard to believe. If I'm going to comment on the weather locally, I'm not going to say it's yet another pleasant day. I'd convey that with images of hibiscus in bloom, bees visiting the cannas, herons fishing on the pond, and bare feet in the grass and rosy mulberry fruits dropping this late in the fall.

The world is vast and wonderful, full of hideous things and breath-taking beauty. I lived in a town that has a history of incredibly violent thunderstorms. I'm not even going to tell you about my experiences with rolling thunder because you just can't conceive of it if you haven't lived through it. Rolling thunder has been coopted into so many other descriptors that it robs us of the ability to understand continual lightning strikes and continually flaring illumination without pause. The dropping barometer makes your joints ache and your Rottweiler cry. Actually, I think there is a valley in Tennessee where there are an extraordinary number of lightning strikes, including one guy who had been hit five different times and survived. It's like Lake Maracaibo in Venezuela, only much smaller localities.

Sometimes people writing use hyperbole, or fancy, such as my imaginary Rottweiler replacing my three large mutts at the time, but as Carl Hiaasen said, the truth is sometimes much stranger than any fiction, like a 90 pound coon-hound cross trying to get inside my shirt. That goes for our personal experiences with weather and description of it.

My sister survived the outer belts of Hurricane Irma. I just let her prattle on about how frightening it was, and how distressing to not have fallen tree limbs picked up by the city within the first week. Boo-freaking-hoo. This is my fifth close call with a 'cane. I was, "Eh, not too bad. At least it wasn't Harvey, or Rita for that matter." The experience is relative, for everyone.

That said, the weather today is why people choose to move to Florida. Even the ocean shore water temps are warmer than any summer in Maine, although too cold for most Floridians. (Not me.)

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:Wow, digitS, you should post a couple pictures. I can't imagine snow like that this early...
RainbowGardener, my DD is returning tonight from a short visit to Tennessee. She had a very good time judging from her pictures :).

Here is a picture of what is going on not far from where I live. I wish the drone hadn't hung around so long and begun to spook the wildlife. It really seems too early for them to be down ...

Steve

applestar
Mod

This is crazy — it’s 25°F now at 9:30pm and heading down to around 20°F -possible upper teens- by morning. That’s late December and January weather.

We’ve only had a couple of light frosts so far, not even hard frost, really... and our first freeze is an all night deep freeze.

I hope I didn’t forget anything out there....

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

wow, bitter! When I was in Cincinnati, you and I were usually having similar weather patterns. But Cincinnati currently has three days in the 10 day forecast that have lows of 31-32. The rest are all mid 30's to low 40's.

Here we are having highs in the high 50's to mid 60's, lows in the 40's.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

For the next few weeks our daily temps will be averaging in the mid 70's and nighttime temps will be between upper 50's to mid 60's.

I'm still wearing shorts, t-shirts and sandals daily and the A/C is finally getting a much needed rest---------and my bank account too with a lower utility bill.

It is perfect today with the high being 72 with clear skies and bright sunshine, no rain in the near future and low 60's tonight. Crack open the window to let some fresh air blow through the house and air things out. I'm loving it.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

We've been having beautiful fall weather. Chilly in the AM, but sunny and mild in the afternoon, with gorgeous clear blue skies.

the little black and white at the bottom of the picture is one of our dogs. I wanted her to be in the picture, but then she pulled on the leash and made me partly miss....

Top picture is the Ringgold, GA railroad depot. One of the few that has been in continuous operation since 1850.

imafan26
Mod

Great pictures. You have so many colors in the fall. I don't have that. I just have different flowers blooming. Only the alien trees do any leaf dropping. Speaking of which, my plumeria, crepe myrtle, and persimmon should start to do that soon. It has been cooler. It around 70 degrees now and will get up to about 80. The skies are partly cloudy and somewhere there are a few sprinkles. Typical weather for this time of the year.

I did make some headway and finally got most of the pathway cleared of weeds with Round Up. I am late but I did manage to cut back the curry tree again and got half of the bilimbi tree in the can. I still have the other half of the bilimbi and all three plumerias to cut back. My garden is actually relatively clear of weeds and if I can get out to work it. I should be able to get something in the ground. I still have to harvest the ginger. I got one cucumber in the frig and there are a couple of more flowers on the vine.

Unfortunately, I weed whacked the grass a couple of weeks ago, and there has been enough rain, that I have to do it again. There are are lot of nut sedge in the grass so I may have to do something about that too.

Your gardening season is winding down. Mine never really ends.

In the meantime it looks like a great time for you to enjoy your harvest and fall season.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

My gardening season isn't over. The kale, chard, spinach, pea, broccoli, cabbage seeds I planted for winter garden are sprouting.

TN is a lot different from OH. I just bumped in to a Facebook post I did this time of year a few years ago, while I was still in OH. It was about putting the garden to bed. Everything pulled, more compost added, covered with fall leaves, no more gardening for the season. Here I don't think I will have a "no more gardening" season. But I'm still figuring it out. I've been here two years now. But we moved down in the fall. The first fall and winter was about getting moved in, unpacked, house set up, etc. Last year I was still building garden beds and did not plant a winter garden. So I will see how it goes this winter.

Our ten day forecast shows high temps anywhere from 67 to 52, lows in the high 30's. Tomorrow is the only rain forecast in the ten days. We have been having a whole string of beautiful, clear, sunny, cool fall weather as illustrated above.

imafan26
Mod

It is 62 degrees right now with some passing showers expected later today. The high will be around 79. There are a few clouds but should be a beautiful day. Thanksgiving should bring the trades back with windy conditions and more rain. Pretty typical for this time of the year. Time to break out a jacket and th sweats.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

It has gotten warm enough here in New Orleans to have to put on the A/C to take some of the humidity out of the air. Outside temperatures are not real high but the humidity is making things pretty sticky. It's 80 degrees with 90% humidity right now at a little past 3 p.m.

By tomorrow night we are expecting a bit of a cool front getting into the mid 40's with tomorrows high in the mid 60's.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

I realized yesterday that the snow had completely disappeared from my yard.

It is just short of 2 weeks since the weather covered the landscape with about 4" of the white stuff. It's still in a few parking lots, out of the way corners where it was pushed by the plow. Many businesses didn't bother to call someone to plow.

The snow has only been in the shadiest part of my yard for the last few days. The kale that might have benefited from an insulating white blanket will have to wait a little longer.

The angle of the sun makes for some long shadows but afternoons above freezing essentially every day has melted the snow. That's even with a few days with only an hour or 2 above 32°f and only once did the thermometer make it to 53° this month.

The forecast is for a chance of rain every day next week and there may be 1 day when the thermometer climbs out of the 40's. I wish the 1" or so that we might see would have fallen during the summer when it would have done the plant life some good. Oh well, significant snow should accumulate above 3,500 feet and there is plenty of that terrain here. Yay! It should be in our soil and rivers, next year.

Steve

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

27 degrees this morning kale feels like ice I hope it survives.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

30 degrees last night and frost on everything....

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

All the plants, broccoli, kale, chard, spinach came through the frost just fine.

But I don't know about the tiny seedlings from seeds planted in the ground in November. They look ok, but are not really growing. That was an experiment anyway.

imafan26
Mod

It is 65 degrees right now and will probably go down to 63 by 3 am. Today was a beautiful sunny, but cool day. The ground is wet from light rain which will be passing through the night.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”