Addicted

Squash in container,is it big enough?

The woman I bought the squash from tole me these containers would work,What do you think.I was thinkign I might have to support the plant when it gets bigger from falling off the sides of the container.[/img][img]https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/kbones_/squash006.jpg[/img]

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

You best take it off the railing. The container looks to be the right size and I would allow the plant to drape because otherwise you will have a jumbled mess.

Addicted

I do plan on taking it of the railing,I have a picnic table I keep my containers on and That's where it will go.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Well, I think that those two squash plants could end up taking up your whole yard! It'll be fun to watch them grow.

My advice would be to plant one centrally located plant next year. But, you should be fine the way you have it. The squash will most likely fill the whole container, intermingle, and spread around the surrounding area.

Plant some Beans in your container as well with some poles for them to grow up. The beans will help feed the squash.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”