Franco

Peculiar question about Wormwood

Hello everyone. A Two years ago I purchased two Wormwood plants, this is my question:

During my long and treacherous journey through rehab a friend of mine explained to me that Wormwood can induce psychedelic effects if smoked. Now, I didn't come here to verify if this is true so that I can go spark up, I came here to ask because due to my deviant behavior police officers are at my house quite often and I do not want them to charge me yet again for possession of illegal substances. Is Wormwood really a psychoactive drug?

Roger

There are dozens and dozens of different plants in the Artemisia genus that are commonly called 'Wormwood'. What you have growing could be any of them. None of them are illegal.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Franco,

I doubt that any members of your local constabulary could recognize anything more exotic than Cannabis. Have you ever heard of the preparation called [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe]Absinthe?[/url]

Norm

Franco

I have and I have also heard that hallucinating from it is a myth. On the other hand, when I consult my drug bible, erowid.org, I read experiences people have had smoking this plant which still make me wonder.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Yes, be very careful with hallucinagens. They can cause long term nerve damage that is not repairable.

How are your peppers doing Franco? Have you tried growing Habeneros?

Franco

No peppers this year :shock: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have so many dried ones from last year and yes, habaneros included! I went for more of a squash approach this year with Zucchini and Eggplant. With everything that's been going on in my horrific life I've been pretty down and therefor unwilling to work most of the time but on good days I do still love to get outside.

Next year when I take all my horticulture and biology classes in college (and finally get out of my wreck), I plan to expand my garden to yield an abundance of yummies . :D

MaineDesigner
Green Thumb

Franco, if you are going to plant Artemisia absinthium outside be aware that it spreads like crazy IME.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”