Shrub
Newly Registered

Flower plant?

So I have growing in my flower garden, it is the only one I have growing and wondering what it is? I call it my leaf blade plant atm
Attachments
Leaf blade
Leaf blade

cousinjordo

Looks very much like an iris. Have you ever had them show up before? They are perennials and will return every year. If you've moved any new soil from another area here, they could have hitchhiked in. OR it may be nothing close to an iris, but that's what it looks like to me! I'm just a crazy gardener from the South though :()

catgrass
Green Thumb

Looks more like a gladiola to me.

Shrub
Newly Registered

catgrass wrote:Looks more like a gladiola to me.
That's pretty, just looked it up, I know there are a few bulbs from previous year so not sure what most are when they grow. Most are close to blooming tho

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Another guess is crocosmia. Do tell us (with pics!) about a flower stalk, if it sends one. That will tell us for sure.

catgrass
Green Thumb

Iris will have a corm (longish sideways root), gladiola will be a bulb. Could be crocosmia, but looks too big to me,

Mr_bobo_

catgrass wrote:Looks more like a gladiola to me.

I agree with Gladiola ;)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Hi bobo! Welcome back! So glad to have your expertise in plant identification again! :)

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

if you didn't plant it there (did you?) it's probably not gladiolus unless one of the hardy perennial kinds. my vote goes to crocosmia.

Mr_bobo_

rainbowgardener wrote:Hi bobo! Welcome back! So glad to have your expertise in plant identification again! :)
Thank you :) You are kind... lot of things happen around... I'll mention in my introduce post... ;)

Some similar seasonal bulbs have steam like that... but only flower can prove me that I am wrong :)

Return to “Plant Identification”