Took care of the outside vermicomposter today -- more leaves for bedding, huge yellowed mass of chickweed from a weed pile, and a spoiled overripe and fermenting mango, placed off to the side in case there's too much fermentation going on. But when I opened the lid to peek a little while later, there was already movement (mango is under the white flap) so I suspect they liked it. (I've heard that they like a bit of alcoholic ferments )
Also took care of the compost bin -- it was starting to heat up later.
Distributed the remaining greens and brassica mix seedlings in various nooks and crannies, including two empty gaps in the garlic bed and middle of peas and potatoes bed and middle of onion and carrots bed as an experiment to see if the cabbage whites and cabbage moths might be foiled.
Patio containers -- I had to re-seat the alpine strawberry which wasn't liking the self-watering feature of these square pots. I took the opportunity to add fertilizer, then trimmed off all the dead leaves and settled it on a mound. Gave it a thinned spinach for company. Planted a sixth square pot with last of the greens.
Some progress updates for the SF&H
Most of the potatoes have "sprouted" -- emerged above ground and leafed out and the peas have sprouted under the tomato cages.
...and VG raised beds (including peas and lettuce in hanging baskets -- safe from the muncha-buncha bunnies)
That colorful brassica is sprouting side shoots all up and down the leaf nodes -- very curious and MUST discover what it is.
Planted first batch of Mirai 350BC corn in VGA