glenna1984
Newly Registered

How to get rid of grass growing in larope patch.

I am replacing some of my grass with larope.

Unfortunately, I still have a lot of grass growing in the larope area.

Other that pulling it out by hand, is there away to kill the grass without harming the larope?

Thanks,
Glenn A

JPlovesflowers

I've read that boiling water will work, if not permanently then you can redo the process. You can google and get lots of info, it's safe and cheap. I am planning to use it this year as a green alternative to weed killers, and to save my back from pulling the grass out of the crack between the sidewalk and the rock border on my flower beds! Good luck! :D

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

My experience has led me to believe that the only way to rid your self of grass is to use a shovel. It's a little bit of hard work but, it works. (Tilling works as well but, generally speaking I don't reccomend that people till unless they have a very large area to do. And still, you can turn the area with a shovel in sections.)

Though I must admit, I don't know what Larope is. :wink:

JPlovesflowers

If it wasn't liriope, then I was way off. I'm going to try the boiling water nonetheless, and if it doesn't work I will once again be on my knees pulling and aching! :wink:

doccat5
Green Thumb

You might also try some horticultural grade vinegar, that works well. Except for my blasted quack grass, doesn't make it feel good though,and that's a bonus! LOL

Return to “Landscaping”